Terrific Thursday--what's on the frame or the best part of your day--8/16/12

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the compliments on my door. I now have a new door bell too. My DH installed a new one in the middle of our 105 degree day. I wanted him to wait until it was cooler, but he didn't. Looks good.

I've enjoyed seeing all the babies and the projects today. It's wonderful.

I just got off the phone with the person who developed my computer system for my quilting (lives on east coast) and the one who helped her (lives in LA) and now I know how to take a purchased longarm design, like a wreath, size it 14" (which is too big for my Liberty to quilt) separate it in half so I can sew the top part, roll the quilt and sew the bottom part and be able to have a 14" wreath in my 16" square using my Liberty. YAY! YAY! YAY! I'll let you know if it works.

Today has been a good day. :) ?

Originally posted by Barbara Conquest

And what is that beast on the wall, Tonilyn???

Barbara

She's in Alaska so my guess is an Arctic fox pelt in its white phase.

Or else fuzzy slippers? Or a new tote bag with legs? Pajama storage bag? A hat for the Arctic Fox Parade?

Can you tell I had a great day?:D

Oh Ladies, your quilts are all so lovely and inspiring and the grandchildren all are so precious. Oma, I agree your red door is fantastic.

I don't have any pictures of quilts to add today. Loading the blue quilt with the embroidered blocks with a new backing. The client listened to my concerns.

I did harvest a few vegetables this morning before the heat arrived and delivered the overflow to Snow Cap one of our local charities.

post--13461909081866_thumb.jpg

I am going to the fairground office to submit quilt entries @ the Kern County Fair next month and probably lunch with a Quilty friend.

Continue assembling a Western Quilt for the fair, pattern is Cowboy Days with redwork blocks (3 more small blocks to hand embroider here)

No Longarming for me till next week, I had thyroid surgery August 8th and I am mending so well, thank you Jesus. No cancer, surgeon said it is Hasimoto's thyroiditis, he removed the left thyroid lobe, right lobe is healthy.

Love the quilts, veggies, grand babies and the door.

Have a wonderful day to you all.

Corey

Hi, As most of the time "Day Late and a Dollar Short." Sorry. Yesterday I finished up school shopping and got all the supplies sorted out. I have pants to hem and I will be ready for the boys to go back to school. Yay!!! I worked some more on Judy Neimeyer's "Crown of Thorns". This quilt is driving me crazy, I can't wait to get it done and move on to something else. I finished the blocks and got them pressed. I hope to lay it out today and start sewing blocks together.

I made home made pizza and fresh fruit salad for supper and Oreo Fluff for desert.

I hope you all had a terrific Thursday and an even better day today!!

Yesterday! Totally forgot it was Thursday, but remembered it this morning when I went back to do the last pass on this "Dragon" quilt for a customer's nephew. This is his "go to college" quilt that he picked out the fabrics for. Doing flames over all but the blocks and I put a circle in the middle with flames spreading out over the stack & whack block. It's going quick, but this isn't my taste at all! I hope that he will like it.

2291881420094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

2202735590094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

2725805620094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

It is so much fun to look at all the things that others are doing and Oma, I love your door too. All the quilts - well, it's like going to a quilt show, and Linda R, that Desert Star is beautiful. I'm sure that your customer will love it.:)

Ok today is Friday, but I spent yesterday shopping to celebrate the kids back to school!

Today I am cleaning my closet in the sewing room...scary. Two shelves down, 7 shelves and I think there is a floor in there somewhere to go. So far a big bag of fabric going to a friend for charity quilts, 3 UFOs that are flying off to someone elses universe and new tubs for my fabric that are actually big enough to shut. There is a little path to walk in the room which isn't very big to start with.

Oh and I found two garage sales that had fabric on them. Found 7 yards of flannel for $.75 at one of them and some Watts pottery for $2.50 a piece. Love it when grandkids clean out a house and don't know what they have!

Wow everyone is doing so much! Oma I love your new door and those veggies look so yummy, Bekah!!!!

Yesterday Debbie stared her second quilt but the tunder storm and lighting made us stop! So she came back early this morning and finish! I'm going to make a longarmer out of her yet!

2422518100105608746S425x425Q85.jpg

2762726290105608746S425x425Q85.jpg

Originally posted by delld

Wow everyone is doing so much! Oma I love your new door and those veggies look so yummy, Bekah!!!!

Yesterday Debbie stared her second quilt but the tunder storm and lighting made us stop! So she came back early this morning and finish! I'm going to make a longarmer out of her yet!

2422518100105608746S425x425Q85.jpg

2762726290105608746S425x425Q85.jpg

looks like she is already there ,great work

Originally posted by Conny

I love all the pictures of what everyone is working on.

Oma I LOVE your door. Where on earth did you find it???

Believe it or not I special ordered it from Lowe's. It wasn't cheap (gasp), but it's well made and was installed beautifully. Very secure. It's made by a company named "Titan" out of Gilbert, AZ.

Archived