NQR- Isaac

Those of you on the forum who are in FL are in my prayers - Vickie comes to mind...

please keep my family in your prayers for safety as well, we have family who are in the Keyes, Naples, Lakeland, and Tallahassee..hopefully the storm will pass by without causing too much damage. Our relatives in the Keyes still had power as of an hour ago...

Just saw that Fort Meyer is being evacuated.

Praying that Vicki, Dell, and all the rest are are safe!

Our family is in Louisiana, so I ask for prayers for them as well.

BTW - my son just moved to Houma, LA in April for a job on a rig 100 miles off shore in the Gulf. They are on shore now.

Again - Prayers for all in the path of Issac!

Hey Everyone:

We on Fort Myers Beach are fine. The rain started a bit ago and has just picked up, but nothing too bad at this time. We are staying indoors (except to walk the doggies for necessaries!) and hope this passes over. It is supposed to be at the worst about 2AM.

Thanks for your thoughts, and we will continue to hope it stays out of landfall for everyone else in the Gulf states.

I am stinkin tired of getting ready for Mr. Isaac!!! I went to 3 different centers today to get everything we needed for the storm and then forgot some stuff (wouldn't you know?)! I have cooked all day making things we can just pop on the grill to have a hot meal in case the power goes out! I have cleaned everything in sight - the only thing worse than being in the dark and hot is being dirty in the dark and hot! I have saved enough water to drink for a month and stocked up on dog food and treats (they suffer too). I have stocked up on some hand sewing items to keep from going nuts so I think we are ready for him!!!! :o Now if we just won't run our of ice and gas.....

Vicki, we are doing very well. We are getting tons of rain but we live on a hill by a gully so most of it runs off pretty quickly. So far no one around me has any power outages yet. We have steady rain and it is supposed to be steady for at least another 24 hours. We just need to stay clear of tornadoes. This time New Orleans took the direct hit. (Poor things). Last time NO got all the TV time because of flooding, but we took the hit (Waveland). Thanks for thinking of me!

Archived