Quilted Name Banners

I know it's not Thursday yet, but....This is what I worked on over the weekend. A friend is having twin boys and the room theme is Cars. Another friend (another Lisa, I know!) and I collaborated on this project. We came up with the idea, Lisa D made the banners, and I quilted and bound them. Very simple quilting but I think they turned out cute. I used King Tut top thread, Madiera Monolon for ditch/outlining and Glide Delights bobbins.

I did have a heck of a time with the monofilament breaking around the letters. I finally figured out that two/three layers of fabric and fusible were really gumming up my needle, causing the thread to break at the needle. I used a little packet of needle lubricant you sew through and it seemed to help.

Now...on to the pictures!

post--1346190909982_thumb.jpg

I forgot to tell you how Lisa D made the letters. She fused fusible web to the back of her fabric. Left the paper on the fusible. Ran the entire thing through her Cricut, fabric side up....voila, perfectly cut out fusible letters! She then fused the letters in place and machine appliqued them down. I thought it was brilliant, and a good use of a Cricut. :D Sorry, I'm not a scrapbooker, but I did buy my daugther a Cricut, which I may now have to borrow!

Archived