Hey batik Strip-swappers!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My completed project:

Bailey Island Hobo Bag by Aunties Two Patterns (with several changes to the pattern)

I used 38 of the original strips from the swap; added fabric from my stash for the handle, inside pocket and binding; and used scrap batting for the tubes and handles. With the other 4 strips that did not work in the color way, I constructed a "Zippie Bag."

This was such a fun project. Looking forward to doing one again.

post-5373-0-61755700-1358969398_thumb.jpg

I'm still working on my quilt top and I'm designing it as I go, well designing may be a bit to energetic of a word,but I'm trying to add fabrics from my stash along with all the strips to make a KING (Yikes) size quilt. I hope to be able to post pics in the next day or two, but too much life is getting in my way. I'm resigned that I won't be the fastest to get a top together but I'm sure enjoying getting a quilt for me done! :rolleyes:

And thank you Linda for putting this together. You are a sweetheart :wub:

My top is almost finished! I only need to add the borders this evening and it will be ready to quilt. Yea! This has been a lot of fun, gettin to see what everyone else has in their stash, or available in their area.

Now I need some suggestions on quilting this baby. I have a couple of ideas for the "flowers", but I'm not sure about the areas between. Any ideas?

Sneak preview

8415366288_848343b9b9.jpg

IMG_0450[1] by s.waits, on Flickr

Archived