NQR: Haven't Been Able to Sign Out all Weekend...please help Dawn!

I don't know what I've done, but I cannot sign out of the forum this weekend.  I've tried numerous times, but it just won't sign me out.  Anyone else having this problem?  I guess I'd rather have this problem than not being able to sign in, but I don't want to be vulnerable to predators by staying signed in (if that's even possible).  Ok, predators may sound harsh, but you know what I mean. :P

I don't sign out either unless I am going to be gone for a long time.  I signed out once thinking I needed to "reset" the page so my Post, Reply, Like buttons would work and had a heck of a time getting back on !   Sometimes those buttons work and sometimes they don't.......at least not on my desktop.  They work fine with my laptop.  Have a new desktop coming soon, so anxious to see how it works.  

And Cindy, PREDATORS, is a kind word for those people who choose to be destructive!  

hi Cindy,

I am not sure why you (or any users) would not be able to sign out, but I will try to find an answer. I just tried it myself and was able to sign out, but my settings may be different. I do know that if I "clear my cookies" or clean out the cache on my computer (or if I restart my computer) then I get logged out and must log back in..

This started for me about five days ago, if that helps you pinpoint a time, Dawn. I can't sign out either. When I sign out and close the APQS window, the next time I access the site I'm signed in again. I like to sign out when I leave, so let us know if/when this is fixed. Thanks Dawn!

Thanks Linda.

One other question for all of you...(trying to anticipate questions our web team will ask)

do you all have your passwords set as "remember me" when logging in? If that is the case your Internet browser will automatically log you in when you open a website as long as you have not cleared your cache or browser settings. Just trying to pinpoint symptoms;)

Hi, Dawn.  Last I knew, I don't do the Remember Me option.  I like typing in my password.  I've always (unless I was too tired to remember) log out.  Just a habit I got into when I did computer programming YEARS ago.  This started for me on Friday, but I can't remember if I logged in on Thursday or Wednesday (five days that it's been for Linda) because we've just had too much going on.  It's interesting to see how many never log off, not that that's a good or bad thing.  Just interesting.

This started for me about five days ago, if that helps you pinpoint a time, Dawn. I can't sign out either. When I sign out and close the APQS window, the next time I access the site I'm signed in again. I like to sign out when I leave, so let us know if/when this is fixed. Thanks Dawn!

I have this problem too, but only when I access the forum from my phone. If I get online from my laptop or iPad its ok, but any time I check in on the forum from my mobile phone, I am always signed in. Even if in my last browsing session I have signed out. I did check the box, so as to not to remember me for future times I get online, so that I need to sign in each time, but it has made no difference to my mob phone. Every time I get on, I'm already signed in.

I've been able to sign off twice now since I posted this.  I can sign out on one computer, but not on the other one. What the difference is...I don't know.  It's the computer I use the most (like 90%) that I can't sign off.  I deleted cookies and it didn't make a difference.  The computer is turned off every night so that didn't make a difference.  I'm stumped.  My detective skills are lacking today.

Same issues for me.   If I log out and come back a number of hours later - say from last evening, the system shows I'm still logged in.

But if I sign out and back in within a few minutes, the system shows I've signed out.  I always uncheck the "remember me" box.

Having issues with my post replies not saving and posting

Hi everyone,

Our web team has gotten back to me about the posting and login - out issues some of you are experiencing. Apparently the company that provides our Forum software introduced an "update" that has a few bugs in it! They are due to release another update to fix the bugs, but I unfortunately don't know the timeframe for that yet.

The good news is that you don't have to wonder if it's "just me" or something you're not doing correctly...it's the system! Hope to get it fixed soon! :)

Archived