This really made me laugh.

Guess I didn't word that right. My sister didn't write it - just saw it and sent me the link because it reminded her of her own experience. But she is a great sister and lots of fun! I'm driving to visit her in PA next week and we are going to the Lancaster shows. Maybe I'll even convince her to set her machine up again. She moved 7 months ago and it's still disassembled in her basement. See why she could relate to this!

I feel sorry for her, too. 

I originally bought a Brother 1500S machine and a New Joy frame.  After a few weeks I knew it was not what I wanted.  I had to keep it for a while, though, because I spent $2,400 on it and now I didn't have any money left to put towards a real longarm.  Five years later I bought my used Liberty.  That was five years ago now and the New Joy frame is still in my garage all boxed up like almost new.  I have the machine inside, but rarely use it because I also have a Bernina, a Baby Lock, and a Featherweight.

I tried to sell the package for $1,200, then $1,000, then $500, then $350, then offered to give it away.  It is still in my garage!  (: 

I have decided to keep the Brother machine, as I do think it is a good mechanical machine, but the frame is now a PITA and my husband is less complementary.

Archived