Storm at Sea

I wanted to share this beautiful quilt with you all. I don't think I have ever seen one this pretty. The piecing on this is just immaculate and it was such a pleasure to quilt. This will be entered in a show in late April. She wanted it to have turbulent waves and to be exciting!

Thanks for looking.

Patty

post--13461897919202_thumb.jpg

Wow, a really nice quilt, indeed. Beautiful! And fun to quilt if a quilt is straight and well done with the piecing. Sometimes I receive tops of quilts that are not that neatly done, and it is a problem getting them straight after quilting, but I know how wonderful it is to receive a quilttop that is well pieced..

Sylvia Kaptein

Sylka-Mode

www.sylkamode.com

Hi Patty - What a neat quilt. I love that pattern and your quilting really adds to the theme of it. This pattern is one of the first quilts that I wanted to make but so far, other things keep getting in the way, but now I'm determined that as soon as I get all my projects caught up, I'm going to make a "Storm at Sea" quilt - let's see, that should be about 2009. LOL:cool;) Great job and I hope you both win some ribbons with it.

Patty - Very nice! I love both the quilt and the quilting! This is one of the

patterns on my list of "to do" quilts - I will have to print out a copy of the

colors on this one.... I really do like it! The lighthouses really add to the

theme as well. Reminds me of our tour at the Split Rock last fall, so pretty

with the leaves and all. Been there a few times, but would always like to

just stay and sit longer and smell the lake and the woods. Thanks for

sharing such a beautiful quilt with us!

Thank you again for all of the wonderful compliments.

Judi - You'll have to give me more info on this Split Rock location... it sounds wonderful. We don't have that kind of scenery in boring Fl. :(

Teresa - I don't know about the circle of yellow, I do know that my customer was inspired by one she saw in a magazine, that is all I know about it.

Bekah - sure it could be purple and how about a "swirly windy sky" quilting?? You know the purple sky associated with the "storm" :P

Patty

Archived