Update on family

Sorry to be out of the loop for a little while. Here's what's going on...

Brandon had still been unable to find a house in Dallas. Tiffany and the girls have been staying with us since before Christmas.  It has been stressful.

This week, Brandon was able to get a house. It is in Glenn Heights, near Dallas.  It will be ready on the 15th, and Tiffany and the girls will go down then.

I have been working 50-60 hour weeks because our school is "in crisis".  I have had little time for quilting, but have managed a little sewing here and there and currrently have a customer quilt on the frame.

I have missed talking to all of you, and hopefully I will be able to log on more frequently once the girls get moved out. 

Love to all,

Teresa

I am so glad to hear your son has found a house.  I have wondered how things have been going!  I know how stressful it is sometimes to host family - but at least they have you.  So many people do not have family, so it is a blessing.  Many hugs and prayers for you all - and I'm glad you found time to squeeze in a quilt!  ;)

Sounds like you're going to need to set up a service such as Skype so that you can video chat with your family. It'll help to bridge that distance a bit. Glad your son found a house finally. I bet that's a huge weight off his shoulders. Not to mention that he's probably been missing his family a lot. Kudos to him for sticking it out until something came up.

Teresa, your family has been through some tough times the past few months!

I know it will be hard to be separated from the grand-girls ( my sweet girl is 8 hours away) but how wonderful that your son can finally be reunited with his family.

There are lots of ways to keep in touch these days, you will figure out how to keep encouraging Neveah with her fantastic sewing skills!

Teresa,

Distance is hard especially when grandkids have been near. Grateful your son's job is going well and he can now have his family with him. FaceTime, on iPhones, is free if there is WIFI. There is always saving a little each month for a trip to Texas or flying family home. Making those trips has been a priority for me. Need to maintain that relationship. I know you will find a way to encourage Nevaeh with her quilting.

Will be praying for you. The break in having family live with you will be nice and there will be days your heart will be in Texas.

It's good to hear things are looking up for you.   Having another family live with you is usually not a good thing to happen, and I'm sure you have made the time the best.

Just think how thrilled those kiddies will be to see their Daddy, and his wife too.   The house will suddenly be nearly silent, but for the sweet sound of the quilting machine.

Sounds great,

God Bless,

Rita

So glad to hear your son found a home, and that his precious family is being reunited! What a relief to them all I'm sure! Yes, it can get a bit difficult when we open our hearts and homes to family in need, but the rewards are even greater. Your grandchildren will always have these memories of their time there. And I would bet your son had a sense of peace knowing his family was safe while he continued on looking for their home. Bless you all.

So glad to hear your son found a home!!!  Things will improve soon, it seems.  I have hosted family, too, and it can be stressful.  In fact, my youngest son, who is 31, is living in our finished basement.  His girlfriend, who has problems at home, is here A LOT!  They come up and cook for us which is nice sometimes!   It seems that our parenting never ends.  I heard a saying once, " I child proofed the house, but they keep coming back anyway!"

• 2 weeks later...

Tiffany and the girls left Monday.  It is sure quiet around here, but I have a ton of deep cleaning to do.  Whoever knew two little girls and their mother could leave behind so much mess?  I really miss them, but I am so happy that they are in Dallas with Brandon.  I hope they are happy there.  I hope they get into a good school. And I hope TIffany can find a job right away so they don't struggle with money.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and good wishes for my kids

Archived