computerized quilting

I would take a look at the tutorial videos for IQ and then check out the ones for Quilt Path (I think there's a demo only mode that you can check out, not sure). While doing it you can make a list of what each system does/does not do and decide what's important to you. And if you can, find people who have both systems and check them out in person. It's a huge investment and you want to be happy with what you decide to purchase. Have fun!

thanks for your input. I have tried to view the info and the videos. However, I haven't been able to actually talk to someone who has used either one of these products. I was hoping someone here might have used the quilt path. You're right that it's a huge investment and I definitely want to make sure I get the one that will be the best.

I have had Quilt Path on my Millennium since Sept. 2012 and love it. I have really enjoyed it and I continue to recommend it to my customers. IQ is good, too - you need to do as Tami said, and look at features you will/might use and the costs of each system. Look at videos and tutorials on YouTube, ask for opinions on the forums and try the different systems. I invite my potential QP customers to bring a small quilt to my studio, so they can see just what the system can do. If you're close enough to Seattle, you're welcome to visit my studio!

Finding the right computer system for your needs will be very similar to finding your Millie - test drive, compare the options, and find the one that best suits your needs AND your budget. Good luck with your research!

Barb is an excellent resource for QP. I have QP and find I have excellent support at my fingertips via the internet with u tube videos and personal help too. Where are you located? Perhaps someone close to you has options for trying out their computer. I'm in Oregon not far from Portland. You're welcome to try mine out if you are nearby.

There is also a yahoo group on the IQ that could answer any questions you might have on the IQ, you don't have to be a owner or have to have an invitation to join the group. Also you can buy the IQ for just panto's etc. and then upgrade it at a later date.  I have enjoyed my IQ and have no regrets on buying it and I'm not in business just a hobbiest.  What ever your choice I'm sure you will enjoy it. Saundra

I'm in Idaho. The dealer near hear for the APQS didn't even know what QP was. That should tell you something. One problem that I'm having with IQ is all the add ons just to complete the purchase. You have to pay extra for the brackets, the delivery and set up. All this adds an extra $1000.00 to it. I just think the brackets should be included in the price of such an expensive item. I know I'm being picky, and I will probably wind up paying it anyway. I just find it annoying.

Where are you in Idaho, Quilterbme?  There's no excuse for an APQS Rep not knowing what Quilt Path is.  You must be in  Southern Idaho?  Must be, since I cover northern Idaho, and I've had Quilt Path (and be demonstrating it in the area) since it first came out.

I'm in Idaho. The dealer near hear for the APQS didn't even know what QP was. That should tell you something. One problem that I'm having with IQ is all the add ons just to complete the purchase. You have to pay extra for the brackets, the delivery and set up. All this adds an extra $1000.00 to it. I just think the brackets should be included in the price of such an expensive item. I know I'm being picky, and I will probably wind up paying it anyway. I just find it annoying.

I'm sorry you were misinformed, but that is not correct info.  The only add on required is if you have the Bliss track, you need to add stabilizer rollers and that cost is $75.00.  All of the mounting brackets and hardware, delivery and installation is included in the purchase.  I think what you are referring to on delivery, is the cost of your "dealer/installer" to travel.  That is not included and can vary dependant on how far they have to travel.

You really should try out both to make an informed decision.

My 2006 Millenium is Blissed and IQ was installed in 2011, never regretted my decision. It's a bit more expensive than others but worth every penny. User friendly and fantastic customer support like APQS which is VERY important.

It's best that you try both and compare features.

IQ owners I beleive are the best source for informative decisions, I went to the studio of an IQ owner, she gladly let me use it & that made me decide to buy it.

I also have both systems on machines in my studio.  Both systems work great!!  I let my customers try them both out and find which works best for their individual needs.  My employee and I work on quilts using both IQ and Quilt Path daily.   I am proud to represent both systems and feel you can't go wrong choosing either one.

Archived