Easter table topper - finished with picture

I just finished this Easter table topper. It is 28inches across.  It is made of appliques and machine embroidery.  The pattern is free from Amanda Murphy Designs blog.  I used wool batting and 3 different thread colors.  For some reason my tension kept screwing up when I had to stitch through the fusible interfacing.

I quilted it just like the sample, only mine doesn't look as good as that one does.   I still need to put on the binding.

post-1022-0-57359500-1424026042_thumb.jpg

Thanks everybody.  I like it.  My favorite part is the curved crosshatching. I used my new moon ruler to do that part.

Marilyn, here is the link to the pattern.  http://www.amandamurphydesign.com/Easter_Table_Topper_AMD.pdf      She will also send you the machine embroidery files if you email her and ask for them and tell her what format your machine is.

Oh, that binding was a chore. I had never done scalloped binding before. The videos I watched made it look so easy, but I still ended up with little bunches in the V where the scallops come together.   At least I finished it. It is in a ziploc bag, waiting to go to the post office if the ice on the hill every melts so we can get down the driveway.

Archived