Dreams do come true

After 10+ years of dreaming of a APQS long arm, she will arrive on Tuesday. I'm very excited for the arrival of my certified 2015 Lucey to get here.

It's been along time dreaming of one and finally it's coming true.  Don't give up on your dreams, it could be right around the corner.  Lots of learning

to do, but looking forward to it.  I'm sure I will be looking to this forum for lots of great tips and advice. Keep dreaming..................

June:

Congratulations on the news about your new baby.  Get some fabric, batting, needles, and thread all ready so when it shows up you are ready to start off running.  Practice your designs on paper.  I believe there are a few Tucson APQS quilters on the forum.  Maybe you could hook up with them to drop by your new studio, and give you some hands on training.  They could get you started off right, plus it might lead to a wonderful new friendship.  Just remember to use your best poor pitiful fawn batting eye look, when you ask for their help.  How can anyone ever say no, when you do that?   Best of luck to you.

Cagey

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! We finished putting Lucey together on Wednesday, not too difficult.  I waited for a week for the caster wheels to get here, thinking that it would be a good idea to put them on.  Turns

out that wasn't such a good idea, now it's way too high for me.  I'm only 5' tall so the wheels are going to have to come off.  Didn't think that through too well.  Oh well, hopefully we can

get them off without too much trouble.  Then it will be on to trying to load practice material, hope that goes better...........

June:

Before you go to the trouble of removing the casters, I would check to see if you can possibly lower the table.  If that is not possible, you may be able to find some lower hight casters that would allow you to still move the table around as you need.  Best of luck to you.

Cagey

Archived