DREAMS REALLY DO COME TRUE!!!

Well guys, I'm going to the bank tomorrow to sign papers for the loan to purchase my dream which is owning a Millie!!! I didn't think this would be possible for at least another year, I purchased George in June of 2015 because that's all I had the space for in our home at the time. In September/October of last year, my husband announced that he wanted to sale our house. He didn't get any argument from me because it never felt like home to me. It took us until May of this year to complete the renovations in order to put the house on the market. After 10 days on the market, our house went under contract and we closed on the sale in July. We had moved into my grandmother's house with the intention of buying it from my mother, but that didn't work out for us. After putting in offers on two different houses that fell through, we were beginning to think we would never find a house. On September 1st, I finally found our forever home. Our realtor showed us the house that same day and from the moment we walked through the door, we knew it was home. We immediately put in a offer, and after the owner countered, we accepted. What we didn't know is that another couple put in an offer similar to ours, but didn't respond fast enough to the counter which was great for us. We really love our new home and I finally have the room for Millie. This is going to be the best Christmas of my life!!!!

Now that I'm going to have Millie, I will be selling George. Because we decided to move right after I purchased him, He is practically brand new with hardly any hours of time on him. I have quilted a total of 6 quilts on him. I will be posting him on the forum by the end of this week. If anyone is interested in him, let me know. 

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Carmen

Congratulations on your dream house and dream machine!  Enjoy!  

Rita is right, a few extra meals in the freezer come in real handy after a day of quilting.  My hubby sends a text when he leaves work and I love it!  Finish the row I'm working on and have dinner ready so we can relax and enjoy our evening.  

It would be nice if APQS could just take George and turn him into Millie by adding the appropriate circuit boards, etc.  Isn't the machine head the same?  I haven't looked at one though in person.  I suppose the base would be different since it's a table style.  Sounds like you've had a busy year full of adventure! 

Thanks everyone for all your kind responses. Yes Rita, I will most definitely be freezing some meals ahead of time to just pop in the oven when I get home from work in the evenings, and what makes it even better is the fact that my job is only 10 minutes from my house. I am very blessed with the most wonderful husband who supports my passion and my dream of owning my own quilting business. He told me not to worry about a thing, just concentrate on building my quilting skills and my client base. I hope to become an APQS dealer when the time is right.

I went to the bank after work today and wired the money for my Millie to APQS. By Monday, my Millie will be paid for in full and all I have to do is wait for her to arrive. I'm excited and scared to death at the same time. This is a large debt to take on, but as my wonderful husband said, "NO RISK, NO REWARD!" While I'm waiting on Millie, I'm trying to decide what color to paint her room. There's chair railing in the room so I get to pick two colors. I've researched colors that inspire creativity, and the main color that seems to be preferred is shades of yellow. Does anyone have any suggestions? My favorite color is purple, and that is one of the colors that inspires creativity, but I wonder if I would get tired of it after a period of time. My husband said whatever color I wanted he'd paint it, but I better be sure I can live with it for a while because he doesn't really want to be painting the room again after Millie's set up. All I know is I want it to be bright, happy, and something that inspires me to be creative.

Yes, it's amazing how things work out. I went from a small dining room converted into a small sewing room to having a 17' X 16' sewing studio and a 15' X 12' room for Millie in our new home. I have to say, I am truly a blessed woman with two wonderful sons and a husband that understand my passion for creating quilts and then quilting them. They never complain about all the thread strings that seem to be found all over the place. I'm going to be on vacation from work beginning on December 22nd and lasting through January 2nd of 2017 so I really hope Millie will be here and set up so that I can play and practice during my entire vacation.

Well, I'll end my post for now, but once everything is set up, I will post pictures so everyone can see my favorite rooms in our new home. 

God Bless and Happy Quilting!!!

Cant wait too see pics. I can relate to your post, because my husband supports me also. He moved Lucey from his shop to home and moved my Qnique to the shop. Im selling my Qnique with a 10 foot frame if anyone knows anyone that wants it.

Congrats on you new home and Millie.  Can't wait for your Millie to arrive.  You will get lots of opinions on paint, but it has to make you happy.  I have a 1250 sq ft basement for my studio and it's painted a very light purple almost a pink  and I love it.  I have white wainscoting but can't really see it because of my cabinets and "stuff".   It doesn't take long to fill up your space, lol.   Have fun!  

Yes Cathy it's going to be a wonderful Christmas!!! I received an email from APQS today letting me know that my Millie has been shipped and should be here within 2 - 8 business days. I really hope it gets here before the end of this up coming week. My APQS dealer and I have tentatively scheduled the set up for either December 18th or 26th. My vacation begins on December 22nd so I really hope we're able to get it set up on the 18th. My husband is going to have an exciting Christmas too because he's getting some awesome things, and he has no idea he's getting them. I think I'm a little more excited for him because it will be a true surprise for him. I can't say what he's getting because he might decide to read my post so lets just say he's going to be doing something creative in his spare time too. 

I've been going through paint chips, trying to decide what color to paint my Millie room. The room has chair railing so I can either pick a single paint color or two different colors. I've decided to go with two colors. I did a little research on colors that inspire happiness and creativity. What I found was that shades of yellow, green, blue and purple all inspire either happiness, creativity or both. I've narrowed it down to these two color combinations by Behr: a. Cream Puff (yellow on bottom) and Swiss Coffee (cream on Top) or b. Dancing Mist (light lavendar on bottom) and either White Lie or Mainsail (neutral on top). My sons think I should go with neutrals on both top and bottom so that the colors don't cause clashing with any thread colors I may be using on a quilt. 

Wow Connie, my first house was a total of 1052 sq ft., and my two rooms combined total 440 sq ft in our new house. I bet your studio is an awesome place to be creative. I'm so thankful for my two rooms and the space I have to do what I love,especially since I finally have a space for my Millie. We never know what turn our lives will take so we just enjoy the journey as it unfolds.

God Bless & Happy Quilting,

Yippeee!!! Millie arrived today, I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!!!! Now I get to stare at the boxes for 5 whole days until my wonderful APQS dealer comes to set her up. I can't wait to quilt on my very own Millie for the first time. I really hope everyone's dream comes true this Christmas as mine finally did after nearly five years of waiting. What would really be ironic is if I won the Millie they are giving away, especially since I've tried to win every time they've had a giveaway. Best of luck to all who have entered.

Merry Christmas & Happy Quilting,

Hi Cricket...  where is that first quilt..??  LOL,   j/k     So happy for you...

Heidi M and I chose almost the same colors for our quilt rooms.

It is a blue with a touch of orchid in it.

I find it very comforting and relaxing..   It seems easier to do what  need to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived