Depression Block - A First For Me!

I received these blocks in a block lotto at a retreat in 2005 and the top has been finished for a long time. This is my first attempt at something that is not a panto or a meander.

I also put the binding on while still on the frame. (Not something I'll do for customers right now.)

post--13461898459252_thumb.jpg

Ruthie, I love this quilt and the quilting is beautiful!! I am working on my first scrappy quilt but DH doesn't care for the look or maybe it is just the

pattern. Yours I really like! and the back is just as pretty to look at as the front.....love it , love it!!!

Renae

I love scrappies! And this is definitely what I would call a "happy scrappy." Even tho this one is named the "Depression Block" it is anything but depressing! ;) Very pretty bright colors and your quilting is the perfect touch! Love the continuous swirly curlies. Beautiful job, Ruthie! :)

PS: What color thread did you use for the top and bobbin?

PS: I love the name Ruthie. That was my grandmas name (and is my sister's middle name!)

I love the quilt and the quilting just pops it. What a great idea to draw out your design first - this forum is great, I learn something almost every day. I often put photos of quilts in to PaintShop and then view them in greyscale but never thought of using it to try quilting designs. Thank you.

Archived