Just off the Machine...

Thanks Satu!!

I'm really bad about timing my work. I work when I can. It took me about four days including Marking, But I quilt Between Housework, Homework, Dinner, Bedtime, etc..... So about 2 to 3 hours a day. I marked the feathers in the border and just the centers of the wreaths. Freehanded the wreaths . Then ruler work on the outer border.

I'm really happy with the outcome!

Thanks again for looking!

Laura

Laura -

the perfect quilting design for that quilt! You did a beautiful job on it!!!!

Did you mark the circle first and freehand quilt it or did you stitch the circle using a template, HF or what? And what ruler did you use for the crosshatch and piano keys?

:-) Sorry for all the questions!

Hi Laura!

Yes, I have been wondering where you've been -- not posting on the chat board much. Well, now I know where you've been: You've been busy practicing and perfecting your quilting skills! Wow!!! You have really done a fantastic job on this. Just beautiful. So proud of you. :)

Now, don't be such a stranger, OK? Missed you...

Shana

Makes a girl feel like she's on the right track!

Yes, I did use a stencil for the border feathers. Put it on manual at full speed and did the Bump Bump method. It went rather quickly.

As for the Feathered blocks. My "template" was a dinner plate. The blocks were 17" square. (give or take a 1/2 ";)) I marked the circle and then freehanded the rest. Some were what I call "the Half a heart method" (learned that from reading this Chat!) and some were the Bump Bump Method. With feathers this large though, I did have some trouble keeping them uniform. I do listen to music while I'm quilting (very loud) and I guess you could say "I was in the zone."

Just used the Large ruler that came with my HF extended base for the crosshatch and the piano key border.

I hope I answered all your questions.

Thanks again for all your kind words.

Have a great day!

Laura

Archived