Newbeeeee Jitters

Sue Patten

Now let me just start by saying that any of you who know me know that I am not a newbeeee. I have been quilting and teaching for what feels like forever:cool: But I want to share a little story with all of you who have ever worried about having the newbee jitters... I got very sick this year, a little something I picked up in France in Sept. and I thought I had a handle on it.... so I kept on working, traveling you know how it goes. Got sicker and sicker until it attacted my muscles ( in my arms and handsssssss) and then just after Houston, while filming for America Sews it got the best of me and attacted my kidney and liver... so back to the hospital for the 4th time and more med.s and I lost a week and a half in la la land. To make a looooonnnngggg story short I could not quilt for over a month, I was sooooo excited when my doctors told me I could start working again that I rushed to my studio to get back to work.... I have been working on a thread art piece for almost 2 years and it is 90% done... so you would think that I would just be able to jump right on to my little stole and start quilting away right????? Ya that's what I thought tooooo. But as I am sure you have all been through this at one time or another I was afraid to make a single stitch, I cleaned my studio for 2 days, did some paperwork and wrapped Christmas gifts. Finally I decided enough is enough and made up my mind to take off my show quilt and put on a practice quilt to get my moe joe back, but when I arrived at the studio and started to unpin the quilt I decided that the best thing for me to do was to just suck it up and get her done..... So I did, it was awesome, like the first time I attempted thread art sooooo many years ago and I quilted till my hands went numb... I was supost to start off slow and work up to quilting for a whole day Ya Right like I could do that. Anyways I just wanted to share this story with all of you who have ever had the newbeeeee jitters. So the next time you think you can't do it or that you are afraid to quilt that ohhhh so special quilt, take it from me and suck it up and just get her done!!!! It's an Awesome feeling;) I just wanted all of you true newbees to know that we all go through this at one time or another but we get through it because we are LONGARM quilters and we RULE!!!! Have a wonder holiday and an even better new year.:cool:

OOOOOpppsss this is in the wrong spot, it should be in the talk about anything post..... not really sure how it ended up here.... Yes my computer skills are still sooooo excellent. I must have been wishing I had a compu quilter!!! Huuummmmm maybe Santa will bring me one, I\'ve been kinda good this year LOL

Hi Sue,

I\'m so sorry to hear that you have been sick, and especially to have to land back in the hosp. I work at one, and I wouldn\'t want to have to stay there!

Thank you so much for your encouragement about being scared, and the reminders to just suck it up, and get moving on it. Some time ago, someone posted that in the end "it\'s just a blankie after all". Also, much as well all dislike the frog stitch, it does have it\'s place when you don\'t like what you\'ve done after all.

Thrilled to have you back among the land of the quilters, and keep on with that recovery.

Beth

Sue, I am sad to learn you had to go through all of that! How very scary, indeed! Please listen to your body (all of you ladies) and don\'t run yourselves down! Us women tend to put other priorities ahead of our health.

Thank you for the inspiring message about quilting. I want you to know that you are one of my biggie inspiration chicks; I have your book and I use it a lot for ideas; in fact, used it just recently on my Christmas applique quilt. :) You are so creative and fun and so free.

Take care of yourself, you red headed crazy quilting rockstar, you!

Enjoy a Merry Christmas with your girls.

Hi Sue - glad to see that you are back on the stool! I\'m so sorry that you went through all of that. I had been missing your posts and wondered where you were. Our DIL had something like that but it attacked the brain stem and took 4 months B4 she could even drive her car again. As Shana said, Ladies listen to your bodies. There are way too many bugs out there these days.

SuePee,

I\'m so glad you are up and running again!!! I think you subconsciously posted in the CQ forum because you missed talking and laughing with me. .--- :)LOL!!!:D

We haven\'t been able to get together and compare cowboy boots in a while...:P LOL!!!:P (Both Sue and I have a small addiction to buying boots...!!!)

It wasn´t the coffee....*lol* I saw Sue eating some (for her!) unusual food in France;):D:cool: and her face while being brave!!!! But she didn´t want to disappoint the hotel owner;):D:cool: soooo...brave Sue !!!:P

I´m soooooooooooooo happy that you are back to quilt and I´m curious about your show quilt!

I wish you all a wonderful christmas time!!!!

Claudia

Hi Sue,

Theo and I missed you on the board. Glad you\'re back!

Hope you haven\'t lost any weight during your illness, because if you have.. then stay inside when there\'s a little wind outdoors, or you will be up in the air no time!

Take care!!

Happy Holidays,

Loes

Sue...

So glad you\'re feeling better, I feel bad that I didn\'t know you were sick....shame on your mom, she can keep a secret! Please don\'t overdue it, I\'ll be thinking of you.....I\'ll have to stop in when I see your truck at the studio and make sure you\'re taking care of yourself....hmmm, maybe a timmies stop on the way, what do you take????

Sandra

Hay Girls

Yes they were worried it would hit the brain stem next but I told them that my brain stem was to fried to be affected LOL I too hate the hospital so I did all treatments on an out patient bases.... I spent the morning hooked up to IV and the afternoon in bed at home. I should be fully recovered in about 6 to 8 weeks but feel great!!! Tina baby where have you been... I have collected the cooooollllest boots on the planet this year, infact while I was on a BIKE tour in SD I had some made they arrive just after Christmas and in Nashville I got the ugliest most AWESOME embrodered boots with bright colourful gotty flowers quilted all over them I love them!!!!! Hay Claudia I will try to send some quilt photos when she is all done. I have about two weeks more thread art stitching and I figure it will take 5 to 7 days for the back ground quilting. The kids are with daddy from the 27th till the 30 so I will be sleeping at the studio!!!! Well drinking coffee and quilting at the studio!!! Myrna I misssss you are you busy quilting a wonderful show quilt for next year????? Hay Loes can\'t wait to be back in Europe... but no more strange fooooddddd or little bugssssss LOL I hope everyone has an Awesome Christmas and that you\'re all getting those Christmas quilts done and out the door.... See you all in the new year and yes MQS classes will be BLAST!!!!! I can\'t wait to teach there again and see everyone.... remember if you are taking my classes you should lots of sleep before class and bring choc. to share !!!:cool:

Sue, I am so sorry to hear that you still were not well after Camp Mowana. What a terrible ordeal to have to go through, and I know you were really had to be scared about not being able to quilt. I am thrilled that you are finally able to quilt again, but don\'t overdo it too soon. I want you to be well and enjoy the new year as well as be able to come back to Camp next year. Also, what happened with the Alex and Rick quilt blocks that were lost? Who was tricking who? Janet

Sue,

Sorry to hear that you were that ill. Wow, sounds like a long ordeal, but glad your up and running with with quilt-in-hand!

Havent decided if i\'m going to MQS or not yet, as daughter is getting married 8-8-08 in Maui Hawaii, and her wedding is costing us more than I can say....

..If, I do go, i\'ll see you there!

Alex and Ricky have the lost quilt blocks I handed them over to Ricky in Houston and the blocks that went missing at Innovations were mailed back to me HUMMMMMMMMM I was just glad they were returned as one of them will go to the auction this year at MQS. Hay Myrna I will have Jon try to figure out how to add a picture and then post my Nashville and Christmas boots on the sight just for Tina LOL OH talking about pictures ...... Cheryl honey where are you??????? Do you have the pictures of my designs that we say in Houston;) ???? Could you plllllleeeeaaaasssseeee send them to me as of course I do not have any pic.s of any of the samples I was sure I took pictures but I can\'t seem to find them on my camera.... me and cameras seems to be like me and computers.... not a good match LOL

Sue:

Glad you are back and doing better! I don\'t know if you remember me, but you sold me my machine at MQS 2005. Well, I met someone who says they have met you or kinda know you. I\'m kinda slow, not remembering too great! She\'s the Singing Quilter. Kathy Miller and John, if I remember right. I was in charge of taking them out for dinner and getting them to our meeting, etc. Really awesome people!

Yes that\'s right I now Kathy and John quite well, we met in Toronto soooo many years ago and yes she wrote a song and talked about a little boy who couldn\'t sleep without the sound of the longarm... that was my son Mike, he\'s 12 now and still loves the song!!! If you don\'t have any of her cd\'s they are all great !!!! All about quilting and quilters and yes the oh so wonderful world of longarmers LOL

Archived