Round robin white elephant swap

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can contact the editor or the Mag, but I don't thing it should happen until after the boxes have completed their journey so that they have the WHOLE story....

We can contact her by either phone or email, address is: vicki@meanerpublishing.com or 1-800-910-1925 Her name is Vicki Anderson.

Does anyone have an idea where it is now?

Just curious. My DH and I are leaving on the 22nd for Kiev Ukraine to complete our adoption of our children. We can't return till after Oct 18th. So I would hate for it to sit and wait for us till we get back. :(

I am looking so forward to reading the journal!!;):) That will be so much fun!!:):)

Thanks

Darlene I haven't gotten to the mail box this past week so don't know for sure it is here in NY yet or not....Dianne was to get it in MA, but she hasn't posted whether she has moved it to me yet...then after me is Heidi, and then it starts down the east coast with the first stop in Maryland you are next after that...so its only three people from you once I get it. Do you want us to slow it down and have it held at say Bev's until we know you are back in country....I don't think it would be problem...to do that. Just let us know and one of us will hold it instead of letting it stay at the post office....

Does anyone have a objection of what I just stated...anyone else have another suggestion?

I'm supposed to be gone for 3-4 weeks and our daughter is getting our mail here. So it won't be sitting out in the weather or get lost. Sounds like it will probably take that long before it does get to me. I know in the 1st box went to 2 other people in VA before it got to me so this one might as well. That means it wouldn't come till Nov at the earliest.

It will probably be fine. I do appreciate it though.

Just a note - we have 2 children here, DD 21, DS 19. Our new children will be DS 14, DD 10, DS 10. The 14 and 10 yrd DD are brother/sister. The 3rd is not related but will be soon!!:D

No Darlene I have the list and you are number three after me (Heidi, Bev and then you).....like I said we can slow it down if you want it that way....not a problem OR we can skip you and then come back....totally open for suggestions. Teresa this is your party what do you want us to do?

And I forgot to say congrats on your new family additions.

Bonnie, I just received the box on the 13th and will be sending it on it's way to you tomorrow. I work 12 hr nights Sat/Sun and tonight so I can't get to the post office today. It should be by you by Friday. This box is heavy. I was half thinking that I should drive to NY and meet you and Heidi for lunch and pass off the box to both of you then. The three of us could take a picture with it. Unfortunately I can't pull it off this week. Shanna, Thank you for organizing it so well. I threw a little something in it for you. Darlene, congratulations on your new family, please make sure to post pictures. I will make sure to adjust the list before I send it on it's way to Bonnie and Heidi. Dianne

Dianne....I got to busy to get down to the Post Office today...and may not get there tomorrow as I have to go to Middletown for a doctors appointment and am leaving before it even opens....I'm sure that its there it should have only taken 3-4 days to get to me...it wasn't there on Wednesday. I will let you know as soon as I get it.

Bonnie, I think I mailed it on Wed. I have been working extra at my "real job." I work nights so it's sometimes hard to keep the days straight. I just read your U2U, to me a few minutes ago, I was off line for a few days. Just too busy to get to the computer. This box is taking a while to make it's way around. It will be interesting to see which one ends up at the last stop first. Not sure where the East to West coast box is. Dianne

Oh Heidi, You get a new box! Bonnie if you try hard enough and don't add anything large you might be able to smoosh everything into a slightly smaller box. I kind of thought it was interesting to see the previous address labels that had been used. I had to peel a few off otherwise it would have gone right back to PA. It was also interesting to see that the postage varied from around $8.00 to around $16.00. I think some books were swapped amongst us. Always a good thing. Hope someone can use the Dover book/CD that I threw in. Much too complex for me.

Dianne

I thought at some point I would receive the east coast box before it left the west coast. Someone emailed me about 2 months ago and told me it was coming to me soon.

Now, I see it's back on the east coast. Can someone check the list for my name and see if it's ever coming back this way.

Angie (aka: sparkle)

Santa Rosa, CA

Sparkle I think that this list is for the east coast box at one time called box 1 . If I am right this is the one with the critters that we have seen photos of.

It seems like a long time before we [westcoast] get this box :o

Bonnie did you get this box the one with critters ?

I didn't save the list of names

here is the list of states

Box 1 will leave from my house and travel in this order:

TN, FL, NC, VA, MD, NY, MA, PA, OH, MI, IN, IL, MO, IA, NE, MN, CO, OR, MT, CA, WA, AK, then back to me

Archived