Round robin white elephant swap

OK......I\'m probably gonna regret this and if anyone else would be better suited to putting this together PLEASE speak up!

There seems to be quite a few gals who would like to do another one of these RR. So go to the first page where Teresa has the rules listed. I\'m going to be in MT end of July and most of August so we couldn\'t start before Sept if I head this up.

Email me at buytheyard@gmail.com if necessary.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sending the box I received today on to Ruthie tomorrow if I can reach her. She just lives a few miles from me. I had forgotten about the 2nd box and when the mailman drove down the lane to give it to me, I was getting all worked up because my daughter had ordered some more stuff. Ooops, it was for me.

The box that originated in Alaska (not sure which is #1 or #2 LOL) arrived at my house June 30 from Coleen, and was sent back out again the next day. This has been such fun!

I had forgotten about the second box so it was a really neat surprise when I got home from work Monday - which was supposed to be my day off, so I wasn't in the peachy-est of moods ;)

It is going somewhere else in Indiana so be on the lookout!

Those of you who want to participate in the second edition of the white elephant round robin:

Please send me your addresses by July15. I will make up the list and start the box going by July 20. If anyone wants to be added to the list I will accept additions until Aug 1.

Let's hope a few more jump on the bandwagon as there seems to be only 3 of us so far.:(

Should be fun from what the current groups comments say.

Yeah!! The second box arrived last night. My grandchildren were with me and they couln't believe that Grandma would receive a box with "toys" in it from people she had never met. Cool, huh! They entertained our little friends for quite a while giving me a chance to enjoy the "good stuff" in the box. This has been such fun.:P

Hi everybody, The east coast box arrived here and again is on its way. I took the monkey and chicken to "play" with our llamas, Denali and Kenai. Kenai is the "white" one, he likes dirt baths. But now it is time for them to go back in the box and on to Minnesota.

DH got a start when the chicken squawked as he brought the box in!!

It was fun to look through all the stuff! Thanks, Teresa, for organizing this.

I got it, I got it, I got it, and boy was it full of great stuff. Thank you Patty W. for putting the rotary cutter holder in there. I have been looking all over for one just like that one, purrrrrfect. Well, I'll be going through and adding to, then sending on its way to Wilma D in OH, probably on Monday...

Shana,

Thought of you when I posted the pic of our "Alaska" llamas. Bob has been there several times hunting and we drove there in '92 when the kids were school age. We were gone a month, taking our camper and had a great time! A college roommate lived in Anchorage at the time so we based from there. Put 9000 miles on our jeep. Glad it wasn't $4 gas then!

(Hence the llama names!)

2nd White Elephant Group:

In case you miss it, I've started a new thread for us. The box will be packed and mailed by Friday, 7/18.

You can still be added to the list if you send me an email so I'm sure to see it. After Thursday I will post the name only of the last person on the list.

See the new thread for further info on how to be added after I mail it.

Archived