Round robin white elephant swap

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sure hope you find the box! It was a bunch of fun to sort through and add too....

I looked back and saw that it was received by the next 2 people on the list after me..... that was the box with the critters in. I had the other one AGES ago. I was thinking that these should have reached the "end of the line" by now too....

Hey Bonnie, I have been wondering if either of 2 boxes would ever get to me. Then I just saw your list and again, my name got left off. I signed up in January and then somehow got dropped off the list. In February, Teresa was correcting it and making me the last person on the list but I see I am not there.

So if the list inside the box(s) is different than the one just posted, could the person who has the box please look for my name. And if it is there, please cross me off. Karma is a funny thing. :D

I just got back from vacation and the neighbor brought over a box. I will get it in the mail tommorow. Sorry it sat at the neighbors for a week or so. The vacation was good! Also I don't know if it is the east coast or west but it is the second box I have rec'd

Melora

Originally posted by PamelaA

Bobbie mentioned that she got the Alaska box from me on page 21. Both boxes have now passed through me.

Pamela

Thanks Pam....I missed that post yesterday...so then it should have gone to Janet (I think)....I know that its not at Sandy's yet I called her yesterday....

Actually its been fun...I use to do this for a living....I was one of the BESTEST Skip tracers in Montana....even been known to track a murder to Florida, and help put several in Montana into DeerLodge....;););)

But it was so in another life time...I'm a bit rusty...and things have changed a WHOLE lot with security blocks...so don't think I want to go back to doing it full time....:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I sent out the east to west coast box on Aug 29 with delivery confirmation. It was delivered yesterday. It took 10 days to go 150 miles. They don't call it snail mail for nothing.

So the box is in Malin,Or only to be shipped back to Portland so that should be another ten days once it is sent.

Melora

Ooo-getting closer to me!! Then it goes to Shana and then back to Teresa! This is great fun!

Rats! I checked the list and there are 10 people between me and the second box. Oh well, I have a birthday in December--that would be fine and I can send it to Shana for Christmas!!!

Depending on who the box is residing with at the end of the week and who it's to go to next on the west coast, it could be hand-carried to the Moxie Meeting - just four days away, ladies!:P:P

That might save a few days and a few bucks in postage.... and wouldn't that be fun to look through at the meeting????;)

According to my notes, Box 2 will go from the New York girls to MD, VA, NC, then to me in Florida!! Then on to TN and back to Shana. It's cool to think how many miles these boxes have gone, and how many of you have contributed to and benefitted from the contents. Nothing like shopping at home, literally!

Yahoo, it's on the east coast. It would be interesting to know how many miles it's traveled, what a story. I love the goodies in the box but it's the journal that I'm anxious to read. I think the story of the boxes would be an interesting article in "possibilities" or another LA mag, but I don't know anyone from the mag.

Archived