Doofy looking???

My 22 year old son says this is doofy looking because the flying geese are so many different colors. Before I spend another 4 or 5 nights making the other 3 flying geese rows, I need you guys' opinions.

I apologize for posting this in 2 places, but thought I'd get more answers here.

So, experts, whataya think? Should I go on, or quit with the geese?

post--13461899072777_thumb.jpg

Since y\'all are kind of getting a sneak preview of this thing anyway, I want to ask a question.

To all of you who sent me blocks:

If this turns out as awesome looking as I think it is going to:

Does anybody have a problem with this being entered in competition under the group category? I\'d make sure everybody\'s names were listed as piecers.

Originally posted by chickenscratch

My 22 year old son says this is doofy looking because the flying geese are so many different colors. Before I spend another 4 or 5 nights making the other 3 flying geese rows, I need you guys\' opinions

Hey, you are preaching to the choir. Well, why don\'t you attach a photo of your son... then I can make a decision on which one is "more doofier looking" I\'m kinda sorta guessing it\'s that son of yours... ;)

Believe me not all ARTISTIC people have their heads on square. Before working in a huge advertising department I would have never said that, but after 4 years, I have come to the mind that not all artists know their shoes from the paper they are drawing on, and have often wondered how they graduated from college.

I also think he needs to stick with Auto designs...and leave the fabrics to mom.;);)

I think it looks great!! Don\'t listen to your 22 year old son....first, he is only 22 - how much can he know....and second, he\'s your son, that means he falls into the male catagory. Now, I know, we have some really great men quilter\'s here - you are not included.

Keep on keepin on Teresa, it looks great!!

Jeanette, Color maven. I like that.

Phyllis and Beth, these are some of the blocks I got in the birthday block swap. I\'ve received 27 now. I had already come up with this design and started ahead on this when a few more showed up in the mail; so I\'ll put those into a pillow cover at the top of the quilt, or incorporate them into the back with the label.

post--1346189909074_thumb.jpg

Archived