I'm so bummed

Oh, Teresa, I\'m so sorry for you! If I had the money, I\'d give it to you!;)

Are there other avenues/other lenders you can explore? I\'m sure you\'ve done all the possible homework.

If there\'s anything any of us can do to help - letters of reference, since we all know you\'re a VERY hard worker! - please just let us know, especially after everything you\'ve done for us here.

I had a girlfriend who badly wanted a saddle horse and she was buying a home so she applied for a \'home improvement\' loan and got it! She then purchased the horse and said it greatly improved her home as she was much happier. Any possibilities there? Hope you can work out something.

thanks everybody. It will be okay, it will have to be. I\'ll just have to try harder to save up the cash and buy it without making payments. My biggest let down is that I almost have this show quilt finished and I want some really nice stitches on it. I\'ll have to think about what to do with it. It may go in the closet until I can get a new machine. Or I might just quilt it and hang it up here.

Has anybody ever heard of Mikes Machines shops? Joanna just called me and said this guy can put a stitch regulator on an old machine for $1000. I\'m kind of scared to even find out. That\'s awfully cheap. too cheap really.

So sad to hear the news, Teresa. But just keep a positive thought knowing that it will happen when it is meant to be. Maybe right now it is not meant to be...? :( Keep your spirits up and always think positive. It helps.

And, you can always look for other ways to get $$ besides financing with a bank. Keep trying and keep your eyes on the horizon, girl... :cool:

Take heart and believe everything has a reason maybe with the recession its better to wait! keep positive thoughts work with your current machine and see what happens, In the meantime open a small account and put 1/2 of every quilt job in there. Before you know it you will have the money to pay!

GOOD THOUGHTS AND POSITIVE WISHES!!

I don\'t know a whole lot about Mike\'s machine shop but when I had my PC Quilter, he made and sold all the "pucks" controls to adapt the foot pedals for different home machines. You can also google "sewing machine cruise control". These are stitch regulators for different home sewing machines. I had one on my viking and janome (both were on a frame) they worked really well but a little pricey (500.00). Mike probably sells them also.

Theresa,

I wish I could help. It breaks my heart to have someone be so distressed. You have a lot of great friends here who love you and are all sending positive thoughts your way.

Make a picture in your head of what you want. Cut out a photo of the machine you want and keep it on your goal board....

Picture it in your studio. Be happy. there is a reason it\'s not there yet. Maybe with all of us sending our prayers and happy thoughts to you, we can help! Sounds Crazy? I completely believe in the power of positve thinking!

Love ya gal, Bobbi

Hi Teresa,

I\'m really sorry to hear that you were rejected for the loan. It\'s a bummer, believe me I know. I just got my millenium a few months ago, and went through all kinds of rejections before I finally found the right path. It took several rejections and a lot of research and work, but it finally worked out. Now it\'s making me a little more determined to prove the nay-sayers wrong by being successful.

Having said that, I also had a back up plan in mind in case the millenium purchase didn\'t work out. Don\'t quit too easily, girl, but keep those other plans in mind. And above all, don\'t take it personally and lose your self confidence (like that\'s easy, right)! Keep thinking about all of those good things about yourself and things will come together in the end.

I\'ll be looking for the outcome in your next posts.

Cheers!

Please try not to be bummed. This may sound like a lecture and I don\'t mean it to be. I firmly believe that there is a reason for everything that happens. Sometimes things like this keep you out of harms way. This could be one of those cases. As everyone says, the economy is not the greatest right now.

I\'ve wanted a Millie for quite a while and I would like to start a business too, but.........I don\'t know.

All that said, I\'ll keep you in my prayers. Hopefully, you\'ll figure out a way.

None of my business, but I\'m a little confused.

A new Lenni costs $9,900, and you are only trying to borrow $4,500. There\'s got to be a bank or credit union that would loan you the balance when you are making an almost 50% down payment, because you\'d be using the machine as collateral.

My credit union wouldn\'t loan on a used machine, (the machine was the collateral) and I had to make a 20% down payment to cover their potential losses. To get the loan, I had to borrow $3,000 more than I originally asked for. Seems bass-ackwards to me.

<html>

<font color=#A97290><B>Teresa, Stop thinking about not having the money.

Let go of feeling "Bummed".

Start thinking " I can have when the time is right"

(important) ---- Put up a photo of the Lenni in a spot where you see it every day (but don\'t dwell on it)

Let go of it...... Say "when it comes it comes."</B>

</font>

I\'ve been mighty bummed many times in my life.. but finally realized, If I lose my dream, I have nothing to look forward to, to strive for, to wait for... I still have dreams. Would love one more trip to Hawaii, another one to Alaska, one to Switzerland, a "quilt house" I can call my own.. with enough room for everything in one room, not the fabrics, cutting table, etc in one room and the sewing machine and quilter in another.. I\'d like it with heat and air cond. lots of natural light, as well as well placed eye friendly light.. not too far from the house, but away from the phone..

(I\'d also like a sink, potty & mini fridge, coffee pot. :D:P Not in that order, of course! ) I\'d like better health and am getting there, I\'d like a more loving, more contact friendly family and that\'s getting there.

Your dreams can come true just as well as mine or anyone elses.. just please don\'t give up so easily, nor quickly.. it took us weeks and weeks of searching to find what we needed, at a price we could deal with, not 12.5% interest! It finally came but with No extra for battings, fabrics, panto, threads, etc.. Gradually, I\'m getting there.. At times I felt like the 17 year old waiting to turn 18.. I knew it would happen, and when it should happen, but something knocked me in the head to delay things for a few months.

Gosh I know You aren\'t Me, nor am I You, just know I understand and feel so badly for you.. prayers for peace of mind, for overnight rest, for lightening of the black cloud of disappointment, and for a smile.. they go so far... lets see yours, too.

Hugs, RitaR

Archived