Yea!!!! Eagle quilt is finished-

Yippee--the eagle quilt is complete. It was hard to take pictures. I like to take the pictures with shadows that show the quilting detail and I just bought a new camera that tries to fix everything I may be doing wrong. It keeps adding light . Oh well, thank you all for your suggestions. The head of the eagle looks funny with no eye but the piecer will add that when she gets it back. Take a look if you like--------

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562579237DuNsPA

My customer has met Mrs. Bush before (lucky her) and requested a quilt. My customer makes and sells the lonestar quilts during the indian gatherings. She is an indian herself. Mrs. Bush saw some of the quilts and said she would love to have one. So, here\'s her lonestar quilt with an added design. Maxine said she wouldn\'t present it without me there. I have no idea how it will be presented though. Her brother (who knows the Bushes) may take it there. In any case, it has been an honor to quilt it for them. Juswt knowing it will be in the White House is awesome to me. :cool: I\'m smiling so much, my teeth are a glare. Hence the sunglasses ;)

Carol, This is really exciting! But it may end up in the "Western White House" in Crawford either way I agree it is truely an honor to be able to help with a quilt for a first lady. Who knows maybe another quilt will be asked to be done for the first daughter Jena Bush in honor of her wedding later this year.

Please keep us inform of its delivery and of course plenty of pics will be needed to satisfy all of us. :)

Stunning! Fabulous!Sensational! Well for Pete sake, WOW!:D

Truly, what an inspiration for me to put in the time that I know is necessary to become such a quilter. I hope that the recipient appreciates all your work and expertise. All you ladies have sincerely developed your craft into an artform.

Just gotta love it,

Jan

Archived