patterns

immaxine

Hello quilters...I am new to the blog thing. Have a question..is it "improper" to ask someone what pattern they are using or where they got the pattern or fabric? Just learning to do long arm. For me there seems to be a BIG learning curve, or am I just slow. Thanks for your help.....linda

I\'m no expert, but since no one else has responded, I\'ll jump in. I don\'t think it\'s "improper" at all. Quite frankly quilters are some of the friendliest people, and seem to be very open to sharing information, ideas, even fabric when they come up short on a project.

Welcome to the forum, and I\'m sure you\'ll feel right at home here very quickly.

Beth

Linda, Welcome.

I still consider myself a "newbie" but have learned SO MUCH from just reading the different threads here and getting to know the other quilters.

No one minds answering questions or sharing their patterns. As Beth said, the ladies and gentlemen on this chat are THE friendliest people.

Speaking for myself, this is among the top highlights of my day - to visit and see what everyone is doing. Do I need to get a life or what?! ;) hahahaha!

Just kidding. It is great on here and I have grown to love these quilters! They are truly among the best people in the world!!

I am also a newbe and I find this chat room very helpful and friendly. I don\'t see anything wrong with asking about anything. If they don\'t want you to know they will not tell you. Even if we all try to do the same thing it will comeo ut differently. We all have our own style. Again Welcome.

Beth, I find that most people are proud of their work and want to share there quilting ideas, patterns etc. As far as a learning curve, I feel the same way. I started last November and just yesterday I was thinking that I finally feel confident with pantos. I\'m ready to experiment more with freehand quilting. It was sooo intimidating at first. I really am enjoying it. Hang in there...Michelle

Welcome. Linda,

This is one of the most helpful tools that APQS provided for us longarmers. Tons of helps and infos available. I too was a newbie (Bought my MILLENIUM August 2007).

Most helpful, generous and friendly quilters in the world. Ask away, help would be on its way.

Corey

Welcome Linda!!!

I can only speak for myself, but I used tons of muslin and really only concentrated on the front side of the machine with free hand, having fun and doing lots of practicing. But the thing that intimidated (still does!) me most are the pantos! I think for most people that I have talked with, it is the other way around. I still can\'t get comfy with a panto! (my machine came in Sept 06) I need to work on doing them tho as others will say it is the bread and butter of the business... just be patient with yourself and it will all be just fine. We all learn at different rates and to different abilities, I may never be as good as or as well known as say, Karen McTavish, but that is not to say that I won\'t aspire to be an accomplished quilter in my own right, ya know what I mean? ok nuff said! Have a great day!!!

Welcome! As you can see by the number of posts, I am a very new member to this forum and with quilting as well. It does take alot of patience and time to acquire this skill. Boy, did I say that? I\'m usually so hard on myself and I need to take my own advice.:) lol :)Congrats and good luck and I\'m sure from what I\'ve experienced from this great set of gals, everyone will be right there with ya!

Cheers,

Jan

What\'s that popular saying? "Be careful what you ask for...you just might get it!" ;)

Just adding me to the long list of welcome to you.

We all learn by asking and sharing and trying. It\'s all good, and there are no top secret confidential mysteries. Ask away!

Regarding this chat site: As far as I am concerned, no book or instructor holds a candle to the wealth of information that is freely shared here.

Hi Linda,

Welcome to the forum. The purpose of the forums are to support one another and that includes any quilting question you need to know. We will answer them to the best of our ability.

We have so many wonderful people here, loving, kind and helpful.

we are all in different levels in this great world of quilting, from beginners to accomplished VIP\'s.

But one thing I think any one will tell you is that you never stop learning from one another.

I am glad you found us.

Carolj.

Welcome Linda, I too am brand new. I found this site as a result of looking for a long arm. The ladies where great help with their wisdom and advice. I was able to decide on the APQS Lenni. Just got it this last week. Assembled over the weekend, PPPPPP. People love to share. Plus remember that the request of the pattern info is actualy a complement. After all you would not ask if you were not totaly impressed. Again hello and welcome! :P

Welcome Linda,

As you will find from other posts this group has a wealth of information to share whether quilting or otherwise. Plus the support they give is unbelievable. I consider myself a newbie also, and have asked lots of questions. If your having a tough time with something we are all just a click away. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Angela

Archived