Traditional roses 9-Patch and Rail fence

I really had fun on this one. It was well-pieced and she told me to do whatever I wanted with the quilt. Well, I wanted to try out some of the stuff I have learned this year.

She wanted Quilters Dream Puff batting. I used Signature cotton wrapped ploy thread in the color Linen for a very clean look. I did extensive SID on borders, sashing and blocks.

The sashing work was my favorite. This is from the Deloa Jones class I took at MQS this year.

The rosebud is from Mary Beth. Of course, she learned it from Dawn C. I love the simplicity of it and it was perfect in the short sashings.

The block rose is the no-start rose from a Ruby Slipper post on longarmkshat.com that I learned last year.

The outer borders are Deb Geissler\'s Maggies Roses.

This was so well-pieced and pressed that it was a pleasure to quilt. I\'m looking forward to getting more from her.

The front while still on the frame:

front-13.jpg

The backing:

back-9.jpg

The sashing:

sashing.jpg

The block:

block-3.jpg

The 9-patch and more sashing.

cc-9patch.jpg

Linda I love what you did to that quilt. It was perfect!!! Your choices couldn\'t have been better. Your imagination is unbelievable and inspiring to me. I know who I can call on for some suggestions now. Don\'t you love it when quilt are put together so perfect they are no problem to quilt??? ;) You have a great day, Renae

that quilt is just gorgeous Linda. I love all the different quilting you did on it and thank you for sharing the rose. I have a customer who only wants roses on everything and I am not wanting to do pantos on everything she gives me so this will be very helpful. Only thing is she doesn\'t like leaves so now I am having to figure out something to put in leaf spaces that won\'t offend her. maybe little rose buds.

Dawn, where oh where can we get the rose bud pattern?

Archived