Perfume On A Pig

OK so it's called Perfume On A Pig because that is what Karen McTavish calls all the cheater moves.... I used gel pen of course to colour on unwashed, unpressed fabric... then used thread art around the coloured areas... and my quarter inch hopping foot and chanel locks to do the cross grid... I couldn't pre mark because I didn't want to have to wash it or wet it to get the marks out... so there it is everything not to do and a pretty little wall hanging ... now if only I knew someone who could put the binding on it would be done LOL I guess I'll have to watch the Sharon Schamber video that Karen got for me at MQS LOL :cool:

Sue,

It's wonderful!!! I love it!! And I love the name!! Karen is one of my very favorite people- ya gotta love her!! And you too, of course!!:P You both make quilting fun for everyone!!

PS- I also HATE HATE HATE doing the binding!! :mad: LOL!!! I have quilts that have been done for years... still without binding!!:o LOL!!;)

Thanks everyone

Hay Sherry sure no problem. I have about a dozen coloured quilts that Alexis and I have done together over the past 5 years, she loves to colour them I also have half a dozen class samples I've done over the years, some sharpy, some pencil, and some gel. I will go through some and try to send photos and you can pick and choice. Over the next few weeks I will be quilting out new samples for all my new designs so if you want I can forward pics of all the ones I colour. Hay Tina I'm right with you I HATE BINDING... once the quilt is quilted it's done in my mind and I am already onto the next project... the thing of it is ...the judges hit me hard on my binding skills with comments like... the binding is the difference between first and third or just fix your binding!! So I think I really have to make an effort to work on that... not today... but one day LOL Oh the quilt is just a wall hanging it's about 20 by 24. I have a doven of them to do as samples so I am keeping them small. I will post more as soon as they are done... some will be coloured and some will be thread art and some will just be cheater whole cloth style LOL:cool:

Hay Sue

Whoa, I dont want the entire farm, besides having a pigpen, I am afraid our perfumes might clash! LOL

All joking aside though I would love to have something from your creative self in my book. You choose a design and I will include it. I am trying to get it printed by the end of August so dont get so busy that you forget. Thanks

Hi Gayle

That's a great question! I can only speak for myself as I have no idea what others do.

The pieces I have done to date are considered art quilts and are not meant to be washed. However I have done some experimenting and will share those details in my upcoming Ink-lique workbook.

The ink I am using is acid free, archival safe and will not fade. My analogy is that it is as safe to use as any thread that is hand dyed! Clearly ink is my thread of choice!!!

Archived