new quilter - former lurker.

I have lurked long enough...My name is Robin and I live in Montana. My new quilting business is called Lighthouse Quilting. I have a Gammill Optimum. Let's see, I have done 6 customer quilts now and have 3 more in waiting. My local quilt store has been sending quilts my way as they are overbooked and I have also acquired some of my own customers. Am part of a huge guild and know I will get business there. (I hope to quit my day job in February!) I am doing pantos so far as I have a problem making decisions and take too much time to figure out custom quilting designs. Hopefully that will come with time and experience. I have to say, you guys are wonderful...I have already learned so much just lurking...Bonnie, Mary Beth, Jessica, Shanna, Linda...I could name so many more whom I have learned a lot from. Had a lot of giggles, too. Some day I hope to go to one of the long arm conventions and meet some of you! Thanks, again!

Robin - Glad that you came in and let us all know you. There is a LA show in Tacoma in October called Innovations, that's not too far to drive, maybe you could come to that and then to the dinner on Thursday night and meet a bunch of us. Just an idea. :cool:

Welcome to our little family Robin. We are a little crazy some times but we do laugh and cry and try to help each other anyway we can. So don't hold back with any questions you may have or any problem we are here for you.

Where exactly are you located in Montana? I have an aunt and uncle in Kalispel and an aunt and cousins in Whitefish.

It sounds like you are well on your way with your business and busy all ready so don't forget to show us those pictures we LOVE PICTURES!!! Show us what you have done.........okay?;)

Renae

OKAY Robin....and just what part of Montana are you from...I was born on the west side of the state ,but pretty much raised in Central Montana...just east of a iddy bitty cowtown called Winnett, my hubby is from Grassrange. Left Montana in the summer of 1987 and will hopefully return to the 20 acres that we have north of Laurel in the next 5 or so years.

Well....and now that you popped you head out of the gopher hole...we expect pictures, and all the good stuffs that go with that.

To answer some of your questions...I live on farm by Wolf Point...soon to move to Fort Peck Lake in February I hope! I have lots of pictures and will post something soon...am still trying to figure this little website out. I still haven't held my mouth right to get a cute little signature or a neat picture on my post yet! I still have some brain room so I'm sure I can figure it all out just need the time...I did reply to my first U2U. I was asking my computer wiz daughter "what is a U2U?" She didn't have a clue...then I went to the FAQ and "Hello" there was the answer! Thanks for all of your welcoming replies...I'll be in touch!;)

Archived