Les Fleurs/Rose Garden...

Here's a throw I just finished - I went thru 10 needles with this because of the applique over the many intersections of the quilt. I got a new package of needles, and voila! no problem! I think I had a bad pack of needles!

Anyway this is from the McCall's August 2008 Quilting magazine. I seem to find lots of great patterns in the magazines! I LOVED this applique flower, and have it cut out in blues and white. I think it will look really great in those colors too!

It's 60x60. I prefer to make bed size quilts, but couldn't resist this one... I'm taking it to the new LQS for a sample. Hope you like it! Can't wait to get a new camera, I can't get any clear close ups with this one.

Here ya go!

I piano-keyed the setting triangles, and this is the first time I've used a 2" double fold binding. I really like it. I wasn't totally happy with my pumpkin seeds(?) as I was nervous about hitting the intersections and breaking the needles! I DID press all seams open to eliminate as much bulk as possible, and the needles broke anyway. Or got burrs. I think I'll check my timing too.

Enjoy!

and OOPS! I meant to put this in the Pictures and inspiration section! Sorry!

Very pretty...I really love the applique...it just makes this little quilt...and your quilting is beautiful. Aren't ya just glad when all the plans work so well together. I can picture what its suppose to look like before I start, but when it actually happens I'm even happier.;)

I love it Bobbette and your quilting is wonderful, I would say you sure have more confidience that I do at the moment..:D

You are doing very good and I just have to be as brave as you are, now if I could only get my feathers to look half as good as yours do......ARGGGGGG!! Mine still look tired :o.

Renae

Thanks - you all know how much it means to have your approval!

Shana - you know it was a beeeaaatch to quilt!

Renae: You do wonderful work, besides, I didn't photograph the flat feathers!!!!!! LOL Mine eyes have not seen the glory, or is that gory.... I need new glasses, so I don't see some things that would be helpful, like flat feathers! I need magnifiers....LOL

Archived