Lovers Knot FINIALLY finished

I finially got this off of the frame. I learned a lot - like SID and micro stippling will be discouraged to all customers for the next ??? years. Had to have two sessions with the massage therapist to get thru this one. But I do think it came out pretty nice. Not perfect, but nice.

2474911580094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

And a close up

2152174180094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Patty Jo,

Weren't you the one who had the quote from Michael J. Fox about excellence and perfection? I think you hit the excellence right on the nose. Let God worry about the other.

I love the quilt. I sure hope my sister doesn't see this thread. I don't think I could do what you did.

Pamela

Patty Jo your quilting looks great........but I sure know what you mean about the stippling......OUCH!!! I have one now that I am stippling very tiny tiny stippling around embroidery Santa's and such and there are 12 blocks. My eyes go crazy :o and my hands start to hurt as well as a spot between my shoulders. I want a massage soooooooooo bad.

Anyway getting back to YOUR BEAUTIFUL quilt, I love it!!! Your stippling was perfect for making it shine. You did a wonderful job........now you can go have a massage.;)

thank you for you good comments. Yes it is a big quilt - 102" x 102". there are a total of 64 blocks and 4 blocks makes 1 motif. 16 rows and each row took 3 hrs to SID & stipple. I think I made minimum wage for 1965!!. Oh well, I know she will be sending me more quilts in the future. Thanks again.

Archived