just a peak at my raffle quilt... finished pics added..

Here's just a peak at the raffle quilt I am doing for St. Linus Catholic Church in Norwalk, CA....

It's the church my son and DIL belong to and were married in. When I was there last fall, I promised the sisters I would donate one for one of their festivals. One is coming up in April.

I decided to call this one "Star of David" - it's a kalaidascope (sic?) in blues and whites and creams. I love the optical illusion of a "star" that the pattern creates. Actually, I like the blues and whites so much I am making one for me too!!!!

I hope to quilt it this week and ship it off by March 1... Hopefully! I'm going to do cc's around the triangles and rolling feathers in the large border. maybe some feathered leafs in the navy borders... any other suggestions?

Thanks for looking I'll post again when it's done.

post--13461901227807_thumb.jpg

I used all the blue and white/cream fabrics I could find... no batiks, but I love the look of the "delft" blues so I put in some of those colors too. And some navy's I've had...

Victoria! Sorry 'bout that... I cut it out last summer and made 144 blocks each with 10 pieces. There wasn't a way to "chain" them, so piecing was a loooonnnnngggg process. The second one is only half pieced - wanna finish it for me and my aching back?

Archived