I probably shouldn't show you this, but.....

It's my grandson's xmas/bday/ love him very much present.... I'll be shipping it out the middle of April for his 15th bday... (am I really old enough to have a grandson who is 15?) Or a son who will be 44? Good heavens!

So, my sweet DIL sent me the tshirts last year and I finally am getting them done! I still have my younger GS to do.

I used Linda's crosshatch rulers in the borders and one of the blocks. Mostly I just meandered/stippled, but in a few blocks I did something different. No feathers or girly stitching for this football player/wrestler/black belt/A student! Am I proud? You betcha! I sure hope he likes it!

The tag says - "Whenever you need a "Grandma" hug, just wrap up in your quilt! Every stitch is a labor of love!" He is a junior, named after his dad so I call him B-2.

Enjoy!

post--1346190149284_thumb.jpg

Bobbi, this is THE most incredible "T-Shirt" quilt I've ever seen. You could write a book on your techniques, use this quilt as the cover and sell thousands. I'm not overly fond of t-shirt quilts, but I'd buy a book with this on the cover. At the very least, you should do a packaged pattern for it! It's beyond anything I've seen before! I hope your grandson comes to appreciate it more and more as he grows up. :)

What's funny is that a soon as I posted the last picture, he called me to tell me he missed me and loves me and WHEN ARE YOU COMING TO VISIT!!!! Grandma? They are such wonderful grandsons, and I wish I liked hot/warm weather enough to move to California. Oh well. Did he hear me posting to you all???? LOLOLOL

The reason I wasn't going to show it is that I don't want him to get wind of it!!! LOL Like any of you would tell!

It was fun to make and finding all the Vince Lombardi quotes and Goju Ryu quotes was great fun too. I'm in the process of making my younger grandson's quilt too... it will be similar, but not the same... They are 15 and 13.

Oh my, Darlene, thank you soooo much for the compliment. I promise I'll consider it... although it was pretty easy once I did the math. I don't have EQ since I'm a Mac user so I still draw every thing out by hand. Thanks again sooo much for the great compliment!

Bobbi, I have seen many plain old Tshirt Quilts. Yours stands out and above all of them. IT is beautiful, masculine,, very GUYISH, and will hold so memories of his youth for him as well as a wonderful Gramma whom he obviously adores..

WTG and GG all the way.. to B-2 and back.

RitaR

BOBBI

That is a great t shirt quilt. I see you have a karate boy there. I have a bunch of my sons karate tournament tshirts that someday will be put together with his army and whatever other t shirts into a quilt and I hope it will look as great as yours does. good job gramma.

I am in complete agreement with everyone here who says that is the nicest T-shirt quilt I have ever seen!

The arrangement of shirts and photos with the extra sentiments worked into the sashing, your color choices, everything!!--make this so interesting to look at. It just draws you in!

Lovely, Bobbi!

Archived