Business cards

Does anyone know of a good place to order business cards? I was about to order on-line from Vista Print because I've seen their work and it seems very good, but then I've been reading of some problems with unauthorized charges with them. And has anybody found any business card templates with a quilt related motif? I've retired now (YIPPEE! it's great:)) and want to get my business on a more professional basis. Thanks bunches!

Lynne Bowbeer

Lynne's Red boot quiltery

I ordered from Vista Print once and they did an awesome job but....unauthorized charges appeared on my credit card a few months later, so be careful luckily my CC company was on top and wiped the charges from my account, cancelled te old card and issued a new one.

If you order from them read the fine print, don't okay any "add ons" or special offers.

Why not print your own? There is some very nice business card papers on the market these days. I use Avery 5882, White Clean Edge Business Card Inkjet printer paper. You get 10 cards per sheet (200 per pack)...and can add what I want on the card. I can print however many I need, change designs, change pertinent info, etc as necessary.

As for quilt designs, you can take a closeup of your quilting and place it in the background of the card! Just a thought. I have done this on my business card for work.

I've done both my own and my hubby's card for years...they may be the little jagged edges where you pop them off the cardstock, but I also find it cheaper to make. Have also used the magnet blanks and handed those out as well. I guess its what works for you. I've never tried Vista, but if they do a good/great job and they fit you then go for it.

I used Staples online. Went to Staples first to just order the most inexpensive ones I could find and was told that Staples online was running a special.....full color glossy cards for the same price as the cheap ones in the store. I got 500 cards for about $35. Hopefully my address or phone won't change before I use all those cards!!

Im with Kristina. I've ordered from a local printer, and WOW. Twas a lot. Daughter prints her own all the time (She's a cosmotologist) and I LOVE her cards. She can change anything anytime she wants on them, and they look very professional. They have a glossy finish to them too, and are just awsome. I dont know where she gets her paper from, but boy are they nice! Just as nice and thick as the ones i've rec'd from the local printer.

You can get the Avery, Office Max, Office Depot blank business cards in glossy, matte, white, off white etc. I agree with printing them yourself, its doesn't cost anything to change the wording when you want. If you print your own cards you can claim a percentage of the supplies, software, and your printer/computer (depreciation) on your business taxes. Avery even provides "free software" on their website and you can sign up for samples/new products.

There was just a segment on the Boston News a few days ago about Vista Print and how people are being scammed with charges on their credit cards. Vista makes money by selling the customer list and apparently customer credit card numbers to other companies. Then with out knowing these bogus charges were showing up on peoples cards for services that were never requested, magazine subscriptions, softwear being sent to your computer, etc. If you don't go through your credit card statement with a fine tooth comb the charges might slip right by you. I have never dealt with Vista Print, thought of ordering cards from them, but now I won't. Anyone who has done business with them might want to keep a closer eye on your statements.

Dianne

I do my own on my computer. I already have to design set-up in my documents. All I have to do is print and I'm done. After that I cut out my cards and I'm ready to hand them out. You can get the card stock at any office supply store. If I see a card stock that I like, than I will buy two or three packages. Regards, zeke..........

Archived