Doing a Happy Dance

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations Patty Jo. I was at your house with the group in our area and you did a demonstration for us and gave everyone a square to color. I colored my daisy and loved it. You are so talented and I'm so happy for you.

Bobbie - In Pens and Needles

You silly girl.....its an amazing quilt and it is wearing it's ribbons not only with pride, but they are well deserving. See Bill not only predicted it....it happened.:cool:

You should enter it in both MQX as well as MQS....it would be so great to see it in person....;)

Patty, I'm glad you posted the close-up pictures! They are gorgeous. :cool: Thanks.

Congratulations on the ribbons and to your guild for presenting such original ribbons. What an honor!:D Those are ribbons that are not meant to be recycled like we did in 4-H.

So, you quilt the fabric first, then color it like a coloring book, right? Your thread looks shiny like a rainbow or some other polyester?

Would you mind giving us some detail?:) What brand of colored pencils did your use? Crayola, or something special for fabric? And the final question, do you heat set them or use a fixative? Never to be washed?

My curiosity is killing me. Should take a class, I know.:(

I don't think your Bill was biased...he knew exactly what he was talking about!! :) Your quilt is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for including the close up pics!

Originally posted by PattyJo I do think that Bill is looking down and smiling and wishing he could say "I told you so" as I didn't take his comments very seriously as I always thought he was a bit biased. :)

Patty Jo..CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!! That quilt is gorgeous! Bill may have been biased but he knew beauty when he saw it. He picked you didn't he?

May you be blessed with many more of those beautiful ribbons.

I think every organization giving ribbons should have pretty ones like that. Art work, quilts are art ya know, deserves a prettier ribbon than one that goes on a beautiful black Angus bull!

thanks everyone. You are all the very best support system that I could hope to have. :D

I sent my family and friends an e-mail about my ribbons and I've only heard back from 3 of them. I don't think that they understand how we quilters are and that these ribbons affirm to us that we aren't wasting our time doing what we love. :(

Originally posted by Marlette

I think every organization giving ribbons should have pretty ones like that. Art work, quilts are art ya know, deserves a prettier ribbon than one that goes on a beautiful black Angus bull!

Marlette - that is SO funny!!! I made the Ribbons again for our Quilt show, but forgot to take photos of them!! I should be able to snap one at our next guild meeting. I used extra scrap frabric from our show quilt, nice to have it on the ribbons I think. Helps to remember what the colors of the show quilt that year was.....

Archived