Doing a Happy Dance

I don't want to sound like I'm bragging, but this last weekend my guild had their quiilt show, and I got my first ribbon(s) - yes I got 2 ribbons on my "Out Of The Box" quilt. A 3rd place - which doesn't hold a candle to all you quilt diva's out there, but the other one was a Judge's choice. I never expected to get anything, so I'm so happy. The best part of this is the fact that my DH Bill, before he passed away told me that one day, when I least expected it, I would be bringing home some ribbons for my colored quilts and that was where I needed to focus my God given gift of quilting. This was my first colored quilt. I know that there will be more in the future but right now, I'm overwhelmed with happy tears. Here is a picture of the quilt with the 2 ribbons on it...

2684694810094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is an honour to be the first to congratulate you on this awesome quilt. Way to go and that sure is one really nice looking quilt. I know in the past some of the gals talked about these colored quilts, but I never paid attention, now I wish I would have followed the conversation because I want to make one of those!!!

Congratulations on your big win, 2 ribbons to boot and the words of your dear husband to cherish forever every time you see the ribbons.

Patty Jo,

Your guardian angel, your Bill, who always looks over you and is so proud, is smiling now the very biggest VBG a guardian angel could smile. He is doing the happy dance with you, sweet heart. I am dancin for you, too. So happy. Yes! Good for you!

Smile. Life is good. God is good. Bill is your angel. Keep quilting those beautiful quilts. You have such a gift.

We love you!!!!!!!

:)

(((Hugs)))

Shana

Neher-in-law5 - Thank you. It is colored with colored pencils. There were several posts/threads last summer and fall about this quilt and others that also tried it. It's based on Irena Bluhm's book "Quilts of a Different Color". This quilt was my take on a class I took through my guild based on her book.

And thank you all for your kind words. I do think that Bill is looking down and smiling and wishing he could say "I told you so" as I didn't take his comments very seriously as I always thought he was a bit biased. :)

Congratulations, Patty Jo! Your quilt is beautiful and really deserves the ribbons.

I just took that calss with Irena Bluhm at MQX; it was the shortened version done in 4 hours. I have a litttle sample about 12 X 12, but I is really a cool technique and I hope to try it on my own, one of these days. I also bought her book, and of course, had her autograph it for me. :) She is such a nice lady!

Originally posted by PattyJo

I don't want to sound like I'm bragging, but this last weekend my guild had their quiilt show, and I got my first ribbon(s) - yes I got 2 ribbons on my "Out Of The Box" quilt. A 3rd place - which doesn't hold a candle to all you quilt diva's out there, but the other one was a Judge's choice.

Patty Jo, you silly girl, probably the majority of us have never seen a ribbon of any kind pinned to our quilts. This is way too exciting!! I am so happy for you....You go girl...keep up the excellent work.

YAY Patty Jo! I remember when you first posted that beautiful quilt! I am so happy that you won ribbons! Bill is grinning from ear to ear up in heaven saying to everyone who will listen, "See I told her!"

Enjoy your happiness and be oh so proud and shout it out, it's not bragging it's the pure truth! Beautiful work!

Ah Patty Jo I am doing a happy dance with you. that is such a beautiful quilt and the ribbons are sooo deserved. Congratulations!!!! We look forward to seeing more of your amazing work. And how special that quilt will always be to you, not only because it has your first ribbons but because Bill was able to see it and appreciate it with you. I am so happy for you

Archived