11 year old Daughter machine quilted her first quilt!!

Wow...even Siana hasn't finished anything yet...she is in the start and then get bored stage, so she isn't there yet, I keep hoping.

Madeline, I love the colors and the design of your quilt, and the meandering is wonderfully done...you go girl, and when are we going to see some of your quilts hanging in the junior catagory at say MQX and MQS shows.... THEY have great great prizes to win.

Kristina, you must be so proud! What a cutie, and only 11 years old! Love the green, can't wait to see what your other two children do,, Did you do the same challenge? What does yours look like!

There is the future of our amazing industry, I wonder what changes she will see, and implement?

WooHoo !!! Madeline, you did a beautiful job on this quilt. I've sent a web link to my granddaughter so that she can see that there are other young ladies out there who want to create beautiful quilts too. ((((hugs)))) to you and then you can give one to your mom too - OK?;););)

Linzi, I am sure that Madeline would love a penpal. U2U me your address and she will write your daughter.

Kerry, I did the same challenge too. It is very different...and much smaller. I will post pictures when I get done with it. It was a real challenge for me...and more on the scale of an art quilt...with an aspect of Thanks to our soldiers for giving us the freedom that we have as Americans. I hope it quilts out like I am envisioning! ;)

Thanks for all the lovely comments. I am very proud of all of my kids...and it is very special that they love to sew with me.

When Madeline asked to quilt her own quilt...I said, "You bet!" She practiced for about 30 minutes on a practice piece I had on the frame...then went for it on her own quilt...and NO, she isn't sore today. She is one tough cookie! :P

Hi, This is Madeline on Mom's computer. I just finished reading all the wonderful compliments. Thanks for what you all said. You are all sweet.

Patty, I hugged my Mom for you. :)

Linzi, I would love to be Freya's penpal. I will write when I get back from my 5th grade fieldtrip to Carson City/Virginia City Nevada!

I love the quilt and the colors are just my cup of tea. I love the fact that she is quilting it herself. I love it and I think the family that quilts together is sure a good thing. I wish I would have had someone helping me sew when I was young.

Lisa, the WP County 4H Show is in August...and yes, she and her sister and brother will enter their quilts. All my kids enter different things they have made throughout the year. It is fun for the whole family. I might even enter a quilt this year. Hugs back from us here in Ely.

My other kids keep asking when they get their turn on Frogger. I told them when they finish their tops, they will have their chance at it! They are pretty motivated now to finish.

Wow Madiline that is just an awesome quilt. You did a terrific job and should be very proud. We bet you win a ribbon very soon.

How wonderful to be able to pass this passion on to the next generation. can hardly wait to see the other two

Great photos of Madeline concentrating so hard and doing such a good job!

The quilt bug bites 'em young at your house, Kristina--with a little encouragement from Mom and of course the chance to stitch with the big machine!

Kids are so fearless--if they see it done, they want to do it as well.

Applause for Madeline!!:D:cool:

Archived