finished Daisy May pics

Hi all, Kathy emailed me and asked me to post pics of the finished daisy quilt. I went crazy on this one and it is getting lots of gasps from customers that come into the store. I love it and so does Marcie (the owner/piecer) Indulge me please. (I'm only sending a few of the pics I took) LOL;)

post--13461901903453_thumb.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tracey, I'm gasping too. The quilt is nice but your quilting is simply glorious!!! Love that border and the photo from the back is breathtaking. So, so happy that the owner didn't choose a busy backing fabric so that we can really see all your beautiful work. Thanks so much for sharing it. Nancy in Tucson

I used monopoly for everything except the border. Yes ladies my Gammill and monopoly by Superior, have finally made nice and are friends thanks to the wonderful girl at Superior threads. ( Don't know her name) For the border I used So fine with So fine in the bobbin for the whole thing. This quilt is going in a show in October. Not a big one like you girls enter but hopefully it gets something. I would love to enter a big show one day. Just to see it hanging there. (dream) Thanks for the oohhs and ahhs from such talented women.. I really appreciate it. :):):)

Tracey

What an outstanding job you did! That top started out very well-pieced/appliqued with some nice spaces for quilting. Your designs pushed it and pulled it and made it stand up and holler "look at me!!" I'm getting goofy here, but really, it is gorgeous and you deserve to be so proud of it. :cool:

Archived