Need quilting ideas

As lovely as it is, its still very very busy.....I think something simple like a BF, or swirls or a nice open E2E would be better, but then that's the simple me.

Someone else will see something in each box and a design in the borders and something in the checkered area. I'm all for simple and traditional.

That's neat, Boni. How is it done? I'm confused about what to do with the horizontal/vertical sashings. If I have a design going horizontally, what will I do with the vertical sashings in between the blocks? The blocks are 7-1/2" and the sashing is 1-1/2" with 1-1/2" tiny squares. The border is 6". Any ideas are appreciated!!

Vickie Oliver

Beachside Quilter

APQS Rep SW FL

Really cute quilt! I can see custom on it. A metallic thread would be good. Do the motif in the big blocks as already suggested, ribbon candy in the two strips of white in the sashings, and then in the tiny center blocks in the sashing do big pebbles, maybe add a little curl into the middle of each pebble and back out to the next pebble since the pebbles will be pretty big.. Seperate those three sections with SID, but not each tiny block. SID the borders and do a holly, leaves, and berries meander in the borders. Clear as mud?

Archived