Bonnie B in the Northwest- Oct 2009

Bonnie swept in on Friday, visited my guild quilt show, tried out my Milli, had champagne to celebrate her new baby, slept a little, headed out at 8 am on Saturday to Nora's for the Moxies, shopped at Fabric Depot, played on the machine a bit more, and we were on the road at 3:45 am on Sunday so she could make her flight home. Whew! How in the world did we fit in so much conversation and laughter around the edges of the fun??

The Moxie meeting was great. We got to meet Bonnie Russell--so nice and a petite powerhouse for sure!

And saw wonderful quilts, amassed tips and hints, showed off, saw Nora's closet FULL of real-life vintage fabric and unfinished vintage tops. We were drooling! So nice to connect with the extra family in one's life.

HERE'S BONNIE!! at Fabric Depot. Rest assured her cart was way fuller than this before we finished!

post--13461902780608_thumb.jpg

It was so good to get to meet Bonnie live and in person. What a beautiful lady inside and out. I'm glad that you made the trip out and now you are a real live Moxie member! I hope that you had a safe trip home. Did you bring an extra suitcase in order to pack up all your purchases? And I'm sure that both Washington & Oregon appreciate your contribution to our economy! LOL :D

As I still sit here atJFK waiting for my flight to Albany. I do have to say THANK YOU to Linda and Dennis for allowing me to invade, and to Nora for the warm welcome to her house and a HUGE thanks to the Moxie's.

As Mary Beth can add they are a great group and we had way to much fun. Still another hour before flight time man you can only do just so much in an airport.

Oh almost forgot....the UPS dude had better bring a friend the boxes are going to be heavy.

The Moxies are the BEST. We had another wonderful time. It is amazing how much we pack into such a short time. Thank you Nora for sharing your wonderful home and studio.

And the FOOD, WOW!!!

It was absolutely wonderful to meet Bonnie, thank you for coming soooo far to join us and share your knowledge.

Can't wait til January at Melora's.

I can help you set up you Milli, Bonnie. I had to do it with mine when I moved in September. Mine went back into the boxes and came down on the lawn equipment tractor. I kept turning around to see that nothing fell off the trailer. It went together nicely and it still works (I worried about that, but I shouldn't have!).

To meet my namesake was heart warming. I kept wanting to just stare at her to see if she was real. Bonnie Botts gives off an energy level that is exciting and inspiring. Her lonestar with sparkles was just beautiful--you have to see it in person. The center has RED crystals that sparkle and give it so much depth! No wonder she won ribbons. AND I bought the Starch and Steam CD after I tried it in my laptop. It seems the on-board media player didn't like the power point slide/video. I had to use another player that my computer geek had installed. Now I can do it right Bonnie.

My first Moxie meeting was fantastic. So much energy in that room, I can't believe it. It was difficult to listen to ALL the conversations and follow all the little tips and tricks everyone was talking about. It was fun to guess who people were--the ones with no name tag. The food was awesome---especially the cherry delight Linda brought and I found a new PUMPKIN dish that Debbie brought. Yummmmmmmm You are going to post the recipe, right Debbie???

Thank you Patty Jo for driving, and it was nice to get to know Jill. Thank you Nora for hosting---delicious coffee. And thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome. Oh, Thank you Jim and Bev for the cap. I feel official now with my MMQA cap.

For any Newbies and those who don't know the difference between me and Bonnie Botts, I will refer to myself as Boni so that Bonnie Botts will remain OUR BONNIE. When you see me in person, I sometimes am called BJ--my initials. That's just for clarification.

Has anyone posted one of group photos yet??? I hope I didn't leave anything out. Maybe someone else will remember what I didn't. Looking forward to the January meeting already.

NOTE TO MB: I love your new avatar---gorgeous. BUT what happened to DH??? I'm sorry to see him go.;)

Great new pix, MB. You look gorgeous, darlin'. :)

Bonnie, you are sure getting to be a real globe trotter...a jet setter. I'm glad you had the chance to meet up with so many wonderful people. Maybe some day I'll get there, too. I would to meet more of the people I love to chat with. This is sure a great bunch of people.

Sob! I'm sooo sad that I didn't get to join this meeting of the Moxies!! Consolation prize is that I'm done with Quilt Shows for this year - yay!!!:P:P:P Better consolation prize is that I've placed orders for three new Millies in the past week! And have made the tentative decision to upgrade my Millie from a 2005 to a 2009 - watch out world, I'm comin' atcha!

And when in January is the next big meeting? I read all the posts, but nobody mentioned a date.....:(

Archived