Quilt Glide and Fabric advance

Hi Joy:

I love my fabric advance, wouldn't be without it! It makes it so much easier to load/unload the quilt, plus all the rolling back and forth to do custom work. I have an '08 Millennium and the Quilt Glide wasn't available at that time so I don't have it. Am thinking of adding it, tho.

Good luck with your choices!

Vickie Oliver

Beachside Quilter

APQS Rep SW FL

Dory, I love the New You. Wow. I told you that you were beautiful. See, now we all can see you.

I love my Fabric Advance. Wouldn't do without it. Do not have the Quilt Glide as I have an '07 Green Millie (actually '05 housing). Either way, If I were to get a new machine, I would probably want it. It does seem to work nicely. My friend has an '09 Millie and she has all the new features! Yay for her! It is very nice.

Dory! You hottie you! Love your new avatar!!

I have both the fabric advance and the Quilt Glide. And I love both and use them a lot. Like everyone else, I can't imagine not having Fabric Advance!! That was one reason I went to a bigger machine. I was tired of repositioning those wooden thingamabobs!! And the Quilt Glide is fabulous also! I use i for tiny, teeny, small, did I say little weeny?, work!:P:P

I think both options are well worth the money.

JMH or not so humble opinion!

Fabric advance is one of the main reasons I bought the Millie. I can't imagine being without it. It would be nice if it was declutching so one could unroll by pulling though. I always feel like I am wearing the motor out while unrolling a finished quilt.

Quilt glide wasn't available when I bought.

Yes, I love the fabric advance also. I also have quilt glide, and as far as I am concerned, it is worth the money. I like doing micro-stippling and other small "heirloom" type quilting. It enables me to do a really good job while having stitch regulator engaged because it eliminates the choppy starts and stops. I find it also helps make sharper points on flame stitches if I hesitate a split second before beginning the backstroke. I do almost nothing on my machine without stitch regulator, and I think that is due largely to quilt glide. But, like everything else, if you aren't going to try to figure out how to use, you won't appreciate it.

The wonderful women of this forum :D advised me to get the fabric advance and i bless them all everytime i sew! It is a great feature. The hydraulic lift is good too(not as great as the advance though) At first i could not see the benifit of the quilt glide but I am really starting to like it.

Yes! I love my fabric advance, I am so glad that i got it. I haven't used the quilt glide much yet but that is because I am in the beginning stages. I am sure I will appreciate it in the future. If you are going to do any micro stipling it will be of great value to you. Of all the features I could have purchased these are truely the best.

Quilt glide is an option that was available with my Millie at MQS this past May. It is a feature that keeps the needle moving ever so slowly when you have stitch regulator on, even when you are not moving the machine. As the name implies, the machine "glides" more easily when doing micro-stippling, etc. In stitch regulator mode, you would get a kind of choppy quilting exprience without it. Quilt glide is an option available on the Millie (don't know about the other machines). It is pricey, but if you enjoy doing micro-stippling or other small quilting background fills, it is worth it. There is a knob on the front of the machine that turns it on and off, and increases the speed. If, as an experienced quilter, you have good control of your machine in non-stitch regulated mode and can achieve even stitches, you may not need quilt glide.

Archived