COMPLETED WITH PICTURES Thimbleberries scrappy

How about e2e overall peacock meander (also known as shells)? It's fast, and looks really pretty on quilts that have a lot of straight lines. This filler is one of my favorites. I like to do it sans SR and it's fun (exciting) to quilt this fill because you're switching directions all of the time and have to concentrate. It looks really pretty too. (fast) and I like pretty+fast. :)

Is that a raven? I love the raven. It is my favorite bird.

Kristina,

I have been working on a Thimbleberries queen size quilt for about 2 or more years. I am doing a rail fence, out of only leftover pieces of fabric. My strips are cut at 1.5" wide, so my finished squares will be 3."

I love to pull this project out of the bin it's in and sew mindlessly (although, I think half the stuff I do is without my mind - LOL). When I finish a project, I cut strips into 2.5 inch pieces for a log cabin quilt, I cut some 3.5 inch squares for another project, and the rest are cut into 1.5 inch strips. Some year I will have three quilts done out of my leftover Thimbleberries fabrics. I also threw in some reproduction fabrics that look a lot like Thimbleberries, too.

I do this when I don't feel like thinking about anything; when I'm feeling lazy and kinda "brain dead."

I think, and I could change my mind by the time my rail fence in ready to quilt, but I think I am going to do clam shells all over it, and maybe adding a different border design. I have the Circle Lord pattern board for doing the clam shells, so that will be quick and easy.

I agree with the others who have suggested something with curved lines.

I like your Raven Kristina---and your quilt top. You could make the Raven your signature! I have a quilting friend who puts a small black Cat silhouette down in a corner of all of her quilts. No matter what they are. That cat is there. Very small. I think it's kind of a neat ID idea.

How about a pantograph with leaves in it. Skipping around the Raven of course---looking forward to seeing your finished quilt.

'

The quilt is on the frame and I will start quilting tomorrow. I am leaning towards the peacock meander..but that could still change.

Angie, if I had a signature it would have to be either a gecko or frog. I have been trying to come up with something...just don't quite have it right yet. The raven just looked good on here I thought. Sort of complimented the Thimbleberries colors.

Archived