Thread breaking update

Okay, I think I have figured it out. Technical people will think I'm "on the pipe" as my DH's family would put it...but I had nothing but trouble yesterday, as most of you know. Today, I came down to warm up machine and get started, only today I decided not to turn on the electric heater. Today everything is perfect...(knocking on wood)....not once has my thread broke. So, I know it is not a temprature thing...but I'm sure the electric heater sucks any moisture out of the air and causes a dry, shocking, atmosphere in my studio. My fingers are cold, but since my neck is a mess, I am taking frequent breaks to warm up by the fireplace upstaris. Oh and here is a sneak peek....

Remember I am not as good at this design as HollyC or Rhonda Beyer (sp?)

post--13461903010467_thumb.jpg

MB humidity has everything to do with thread etc. When I got my IQ attached to Gator the manfacturer said not only thread, natural fabrics, etc. but the machine its self should always be in a room where the humidity is around 50/60. He said that dry air creates "static electricity" which can harm your machines circuit boards (plus it hurts when you get "snapped" by static). The main thing is that you need to stay warm!!! The cold is not good for your neck and other joints!!!! Like the others say, turn on that heat and get a crock pot, humidifier, or a bucket of water for moisture.

No, but the whole time I was drawing around the plate that I used as a template...I was thinking it was crazy not to use the CL. The reason you can't use the CL is that the vein of the feather is in the area that is created by overlapping the circles. If you stitched the circles then you would see the line where the tip of the feathers are....(this feels like I am getting in deeper and deeper) does that make sense. I say all of that to say this...don't stitch around the circle :D

Archived