Where to get Corsage Pins?

barbm

Okay, MB, here's the skinny: I use corsage pins to pin to the canvasses, then flathead pins to pin the quilt top to the sandwich.

I have enough for my own use, but I provide my new owners with a small "thank you" box, containing corsage pins, flathead pins, prewound bobbins, emery cord/cloth, spare parts, etc., so I need more pins than I have on hand.

I have looked at a couple of places (Michaels, JoAnn, Ben Franklin) for corsage pins, and they have all been shorter than what I have - perhaps I'm too picky....;)

I was not able to find corsage pins here in the UK (sure someone will have them somewhere:) ) so I sent to the USA to get mine.

I think I must have tried just about every type of pin, and it is only the corsage pins that I use now to pin to the leaders and pin the quilt top.

I know they are bigger than most other types, but I do not find them a problem ,and for some reason I prick my fingers allot less with the Corsage pins.

I have lost count how many times I cought my fingers on the smaller pins:mad:

Originally posted by KathG

and for some reason I prick my fingers allot less with the Corsage pins.

I have lost count how many times I cought my fingers on the smaller pins:mad:

Really!! Because I have tore my fingers and the palms so many times. In the beginning I thought it was because I was new to qulting and would learn to stay out of the way of the pins...but it has never happened. I use the flat, flower head pins. Hum...may have to start my search for the corsage pins.

I use the flat flower head pins on my canvas (when I don't staple them). I got a couple boxes of sturdy corsage pins from a "flower supply" company on the web. I just "googled"

corsage pins and found them. They came in boxes of 100. I'm at work so I can't get the name but a box of 100 cost about the same as a card of 25 or less at the local stores. They come in "colors" and different sizes too. I like to use the corsage pins on the sides or to take up fullness if I have a wonkee quilt (got the ideas from Myrna).

Barb, great job. I also give my customers a thank you bag. Prewounds, extra bobbin case (helps to get them over the bobbin tension fear), thread cards, flathead pins, chocolate, I think adding the corsage pins is a great add on, thank you for the idea.

Archived