Claudia's Showquilt

Yeh, not.

I was in Claudia's shop today and had the opportunity to see Claudia working on her showquit. Wooooooooooooaaaauw.

I took some pictures but as you all know it is not allowed to show these in advance.

So I took a picture of the leftovers from the showquilt :) with a smiling Claudia.

She did it again, the quilt is a beauty, yes and you all have to wait for May to see it at MQS in Overland Park. You will be as enthousiastic as I am, it is gorgeous.

post--13461903350559_thumb.jpg

Claudia's quilts are always spectacular. She is an artist and has a real gift of color and design. I know her quilt will rake in many ribbons.

Doesn't she look so happy (maybe relieved is more like it) :D If you've not met Claudia, you must. She is so genuine and fun. Best wishes to you Claudia for another successful show quilt! :) :)

I'm one up on everybody as I think she had a draft of it all sketched out when I was in Germany and went to see her. If that is the one it is amazing. I hope she wins, her quilts are just beautiful. My brother went with me and he was quite taken by her work. He is an artist also. Hi Claudia I really wish I could come over again but it will be a while I think. My home is open anytime you visit the northwest.

Nora

I think so and hope so. Wasn't the auction too much fun last year. You know, I was not the only writer of the "description" last year. Between classes when Claudia had time to relax, Donna and I went outside with her to soak in some fresh air. She told us that she needed even more than what I had written already. I tried to keep it short and to the point. So I wrote some more and then Claudia said she needed more that is when Donna took the pen. That girl, AKA Sam's Mom, is full of it. Between the two of us we wrote quite the little description, that I feel should go down in history as the longest description of a quilt MQS has ever seen. But....there is always this year to break that record :D

Archived