I Learned So Much from this Quilt

I'm not a "Piecer" -- I like simple quilts so I can get to the quilting sooner.

A lady friend saw this pattern and asked if I would make it for her -- I've made several quilts for her and her grandchildren. And I said sure -- knowing it would be a challenge, but not knowing how much of a challenge.

Well, I learned to do "Y" inset seams, mitered borders while matching motifs.....that was not easy. It's easier for a square quilt, but this one is rectangle.

Now you won't see any fancy quilting, because it's mostly stitch in the ditch. I did do some feathers in the green inner border and in the black triangle corners. But, this quilt was mostly about design of fabric, so I kept the quilting simple to accentuate the design itself. But I'm just so proud that I was able to make it, I wanted to share it with someone.

post--13461903460736_thumb.jpg

Thanks Ladies.

I failed to say this Faberge Quilt by Jinny Beyer was made from a kit of 28 different fabrics. I had to label each fabric, then cut each in different sizes and label those cuts: 1A was Fabric 1, cut A; 2F was Fabric 2, cut F, etc. It was more organization than my mind could handle, but I got through it.....very tedious.

The quilt is not perfect, but it's good enough and I'm glad it's done. And I did learn a lot from it, so that's always good.

Archived