I've joined the Mary Beth Club !

Oh Glenda now don't you know that is not the club to belong too? I sure hope you heal quickly!

I too had a Mary Beth accident today, only it didn't involve a rotary cutter and thankfully I didn't fall through the ceiling! I was at work and getting off the elevator. The elevator stopped a little below the floor and when I stepped off my foot caught the lip and I went sailing. I landed a good 8 ft away on my hand and knees. I had my coffee in my hand, thankfully in a travel mug, but it still spashed into my face & hair and on my sweater and I spilled about 1/2 of it on the floor. I was stunned for a minute or so. I went into my office and my assistant looked up at me with coffee dripping form my glasses and hair and she said, "what happened to you?" I was ok but a little sore. No ER for me!

OOWWIEEEE!!!! :( So sorry you had that accident but thankful you still have a finger and it was "only" 3 stitches! Hugs for you, and for Heidi after her mishap today. So glad that you are both OK.

I sliced my finger with a rotary cutter 3 years ago. DH still talks about how I screamed. :D I was in the kitchen and he was outside, far end of the house, and down below in the driveway. The house was closed up and the air conditioner was running, but he could still hear me. :P 8 stitches for me, and the darn finger itches from time to time. There has been a lot of discussion recently about the AccuQuilt and I think I'm going to use the finger slicing as my excuse to buy one! :P:P:P

Hey now!!! I may have cut my thumb to the bone with a rotary cutter and had it bleed for 2 days straight before it stopped...my friend was so mad at me for not going to the doctor.

Then cut the tip of my finger off slicing onions.

Then fell through the ceiling in the garage, when the 1 by 10 I steped on was not nailed down and came up and hit me in the back of the head....me and the board when through the hole.

Then there was the lawn mower incident, the day I tangled with the exercise bike....

But never, ever have I had stitches!!! Ta-da!!! It may be my club, but Glenda, you beat me!!!

Hope you heal quickly. :)

Glenda, I am so sorry to hear that. I know how painful stitches can be. Been there, done that. Keep your hand elevated and the throbbing should be a little better. Hang in there.

Oh Mary Beth,

You don't know how much better you have made me feel! I want to become a member of the club too. If Shana is going to be Pres. then I think I'm ready for Vice. I spend more time on my knees or butt that I think my family is ready to put me in a home for my own safety!! I quit counting the times I've slipped on the ice, this year and last. The most recent was Tues morning at work.

Then a few years ago, I too, cut my finger with the rotary cutter, no stitches tho. But I bet it wasn't 45 min later, just long enough to get the bleeding to stop, and I ran over my finger with the sewing machine and got the needle stuck. I quit for the day after that.

I was doing some landscaping and was trying to move this large rock.... talk about being between the rock and a hard place? That was 8 stitches later.

I was in a hurry to get to the post office before it closed and was heading upstairs with a couple of packages to mail, a scissors and a role of tape because I wasn't done with one and my cup of coffee. Come around the corner at top speed and there was my Fat Cat! Tripped over her, landed on the floor. Pretty proud though, didn't stab myself and not a drop of coffee was wasted!

Then my family just loves this one. We were walking through a parking lot in the dark, and me, being the last one of course. Everyone else walked around this Dorito bag that was laying out there, and guess who slips on it and falls down? Of course they were all betting that I would do that. What I want to know is.. why didn't they pick the darn thing up??!!

That's just the tip of the iceberg, but I think you get the idea. I do feel better knowing I'm not alone.

Sheryl :cool:

OMG, you ladies are scary!!! Other than stitching my finger to the fabric, I haven't done anything that required stitches -- I do my own! LOL! Yup, that dang needle went right through the side of my finger, you know the nice soft part of your finger!

The young woman at the LQS here wears a special glove on her ruler hand after slicing her finger the full length and took a ton of stitches. Might be a good investment!

Heal well, everyone! Hope you are feeling okay, Heidi. It's usually a day or two after slamming your little body into the ground that different areas begin to complain. Besides that, you don't have time to be hurt, you have pebbles to do!

Take care!

I think every quilter does that at some point. I sliced a small piece of my left index finger. With me being a RN I did everything in my power not to go to the ER. I ended up picking my daughter up at school and had her drop me off at the ER. Mine wasn't real bad. If I had had some gel foam I could have avoided the ER. I was sooo embaressed. Anyway, the ER doc put some gel foam on it and said he sees this kind of injury pretty frequently. My family has never let me live this down. Hope you heal soon. Keep it elevated and it won't throb as much. Ask me how I know:D:D:D

Thanks for all the funny stories [ painful stories ! }. I decided to finish my cutting, DH comes in and wants to know if I was going to try for a different digit ! Men are so not funny. :P I think I would've been better off to have taken the whole side off, but no I have to do things the difficult way. The cutter went in the side of my index finger about 1/2 way of the nail. It stoped about 1/32 from the end of nail. The doc didn't want to expose the cut nail bed so he left the portion of the nail connected. Now, how can I work with batting and not snag that ? Hmmm. I guess bandaids for a couple of months. You think I can get a kitchen pass for that long ? The moral of this whole story is, finish the last bit of ruler work on a custom ! It's kicked my butt for a week and I'm almost finished, but just couldn't stand it today. Now I can't hold that ruler. See, I should've been quilting ! Sorry for long story.;) I hope everyone else heals up nicely !! Glenda

Originally posted by Linda G. Craig

Heidi. It's usually a day or two after slamming your little body into the ground that different areas begin to complain. Besides that, you don't have time to be hurt, you have pebbles to do!Take care!

Linda that is the first thing I thought about. I have a blister on my hand from the carpet I guess but thankfully my wrist doesn't hurt. It was my right hand. My knee has two good size rug burns on it but the knee doesn't hurt. My neck does ache a little. I guess I need to put the heating pad on. I did get in 2 more hours of pebbles. I'm hoping that I only have about 3 - 4 more hours to go to be done with them...at least in the navy section. Then I get to do more in the white area but those won't be micro pebbles.

Archived