frogging session

Originally posted by meg_marsh

I had one of those frogging sessions the other night - 2 minutes in, 2 hours out, 2 minutes back in - what a waste................grrrrrrr!!!

Isn't that the truth??? I had one that took me 15 minutes to stitch a row and 3 hours to frog back out. The air was blue in my basement from all my cussing and swearing.

Why is it always the ones that you think you can whip on and whip off your machine that usually gives you fits???

Originally posted by annaquilts

A few months ago, I threw my back out trying to frog. What a pain in the back that was ! LOL ! It took me two weeks and several trips to the chiropractor to get over that frogging session ....

Did they tell you that frogging should not be that physical :D:D Sorry, it just hit me funny. I'm sorry that you had to go through so much.

Originally posted by QuiltFaerie

.....Why is it always the ones that you think you can whip on and whip off your machine that usually gives you fits???

I breathed my own blue air at my house last night .....

Yeah ... I had a itty bitty baby quilt (about 30x30) that needed a quickie swirly e2e done. I thought I could whip that puppy out in like 15 minutes. No problem. yeah right. My thread kept breaking (leftover Valdani variegated cotton on horizontal spool)! And 45 minutes later I think it was done. And then the lady wanted me to machine stitch the binding on with my DSM. No problem!. She had the binding pressed and all ready to go; just needed stitching down. Well, I ran out of binding about 2/3 way around the edge. Yup, lots of blue air. :D

This one was just a meander, so I definitely thought I could whip it on and whip it off. I think therein lies my problem. I was going fast, and since I wasn't starting a stopping, I wasn't checking the back very frequently. I should have known better because I wasn't using my favorite thread (SoFine), but King Tut instead. Well the eyelashing was terrible. Oh well, it's off the frame now and waiting to be picked up.

Jessica

The good thing about frogging bad tension (eyelashing, railroad tracks, etc) is that it's much MUCH easier to frog bad (loose) tension than it is to frog strong good stitching. Ask me why I know this???

PS: The fastest way to frog eyelashes and railroad tracks is to use a dental hook and grab ahold and give a good yank every few inches or so. I promise you will have that thing frogged in no time flat. Ask me (again) how I know this! :P

It must be frogging season, because I too have been frogging (1/2 of a king size quilt) so far I have over 1 day in frogging and still about 2 more hours to go.

The customer quilt I have is from a lady who doesn't normally do large quilts and her borders showed on this quilt. Of course it seemed fine when I took the quilt in at the appointment but once I started quilting it was when the trouble started. The wave in the border was too much to tame, I tried Bonnie's steam and starch method, even tried adding additional batting to fill up the excess border fabric, nothing was working it was just getting worse so I called the customer, she came out and she explained how she did the borders....she measured the top (while on a bed...not flat) and along the edge of the quilt not through the center of the quilt. They were very large borders as well.

We decided the only way to save this quilt was to take it off the machine, rip out the quilting so far and for her to redo her borders.

I am not happy with this person right now because this quilt has screwed up my deadlines this week...:mad:

Archived