SUBJECT CLOSED !!!! Very disappointed..........

GrandmaLKB

I sent for DVDs for both the Circle Lord and Quiltazoid. The QZ

DVD came very quickly, but it took a long time for the CL DVD. I know they are in Canada and allowed extra time for that. When I got the DVD a couple days ago, I was so excited, but after watching it, I was very disappointed. Not a whole lot of information on there, NOTHING about the front stylus and there was a few minutes of dogs playing in the yard! I'm not interested in their dogs, but would have appreciated a lot more information on the DVD that they had. :(

I'm not ready to buy anything yet, but I am certainly leaning VERY heavily toward the QZ now.Text

I have yet to bite the bullet and actually buy either tool myself but I too have both DVD's. In defense of the Circle Lord (it really does amazing things). The DVD it was made a few years ago (before the front stylus was available) and the Quiltazoid is very new (also an amazing tool) and therefore the DVD is much more current.

Hopefully the Circle Lord DVD will be updated to show the current capabilities and therefor give people who are interested in purchasing the tool a more accurate idea of it's capabilities.

Like I said, I do not yet have either tool. I have been going back and forth on the decision for quite a while. Obviously, if it was an easy decision I would have already purchased one or the other. I just don't want you to make a decision based on an somewhat outdated DVD.

One of the forum members who has a Liberty has some pictures posted on her blog about the up front Circle Lord. I think it is Joann Kabat, here is her circle lord scrapbook blog address so you can get a better idea:

http://geckoquiltscirclelordscrapbook.blogspot.com/

It truely is a difficult decision and I wish you better luck than I have had making up my mind.

Lisa:)

I think actual product is a thousand time better than the dvd. I have come to learn most of these specialty longarm items are very much mom-and-pop shops (Michael and Kay, here or DeLoa and Dave there, or...).

I also have to say the only way to make buying decisions with these products is to see them in person. Unfortunately - or fortunately - the only way to do that is at a big LA show, unless you have a friend who has one. Even then, LAing is so individual, YOU really have to use it a while and decide for your self...BUT what expensive experiments!!! Even when our trusted chat friends endorse a product it is their hands and their quilting style that makes their decision...not your hands or your style.

I saw the CL twice at MQX in New Hampshire and still was unsure. I took a class at MQX with Linda Mae Diny, where I got to see more of what it could do. Then I got mine.

Maybe it is me, but once I got mine home and made my first feather wreaths with it, I was hooked! It is far easier than could ever be described. To me, it was confusing to watch them demo it...but at home, on my table, on my customer's quilt...it was a breeze.

Liking the ease and beautiful results of my CL, I have not needed to try the QZ. I would suspect it is well made also.

The CL folks have been at this a long time, innovate constantly and back their product 100%.They make custom templates if needed. They are amazing. My husband is very impressed with the engineering and workmanship of the thing itself. I have never hesitated to recommend it to my friends.

Try them both, ignore the DVD. Their web site has much better videos. Find a LAer nearby and ask if you can see it in action. So what if the dvd has that dorky-homemade-look, the tool is terrific!

Have fun testing and deciding. You can't go wrong with a CL, but that is my hands and my quilting style telling me that!!

Lisa

APQS Liberty

NW NJ

I have been researching both products and still confused. They both have their good points and bad points. Guess I will just be patient and hope to see them in person somewhere sometime.

It does seem that CL would make an updated, more informative DVD if they wanted to impress a potential buyer. Not only the starter machine, but all the boards and templates a customer will eventually buy, too. From what I read on the forums, there are a LOT of people who prefer to work from the front of the machine, so CL aqnd EZ need to promote their products toward that end.

Just my opinion.

Vivian...are you close enough to Linda and Adam to go and check the QZ out for yourself?

They are in Iowa and I know would assist in any way possible.

To be perfectly honest...I too received the CL dvd almost 2 years ago...and wasn't impressed...even then. I waited and finally Adam came out with the QZ and I was sold!

Hey, I love dogs and didn't mind seeing them on the video. I have 2 dogs myself (mine don't play soccer though). I thought it was a nice touch at the end of the video. To be honest, the Circle Lord is so easy to use, you don't really need a video. I was intimidated at first but found I don't even look at the directions Michael and Kay send with the templates or unit. By the way, for video's and information on the front end thingy or anything else, just go to the CL site and everything is right there. For those of you who have not seen the soccer playing dogs, (and "like" dogs) here's the addy for it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3438629108196488143#

Sylvia,

The Circlelord takes up 15 inches from the end of the canvas on the left side of any length table.

For those that do not have the opportunity of seeing the Circlelord, we give an in home demo anywhere in the world.

You have 30 days after you receive it to notify us that you want to return it for any reason, and all money paid will be credited.

Linda,

Just noticed that you are in Oskie! I live 25 miles east of you in Sigourney and you are more than welcome to come and look at the Circle Lord. I bought the basic and king spirals at MQS last May after drooling a long time at all the lovely work shown here on the forum. Not long ago added the up-front and spiro thingy. Michael and Kay have been wonderful with sharing information and advice. Come and play if it would help you in making your decision.

Warning...we have 2 little doxies :D :D :D.

Well, isn't it a small world???? I might just take you up on your offer sometime.

Sure miss Adrian's quilt shop over there. she always had such nice fabric and any shade you were looking to match.

Do you know Phyllis Hammes? She is in my quilt group. She worked at Adrian's part time.

thanks........from one Linda to another !!!! ;)

Michael and Kay are wonderful to work with. I love my CL and hope to purchase more. It has been a fabulous tool. I'm all for any product that makes me look like I'm an excellent quilter! Best of luck with your decision.

Carol

ps I never saw the dvd but now I want too! The dogs sound really cute.

Oh yes, makes me cry to think about Adrian closing In My Sewing Room. She was a wonderful resource and had a great business with super employees including Phyllis. Was hoping to work there a little myself when I retire, but...have plenty to do with my own projects. I see her once in awhile...she is happy to have more time being a grandmother.

Just let me know when you could come over...we live right on 92.

Sigourney Linda, what a nice generous offer! :) So sweet! Oskaloosa Linda, I hope you take up Sigourney Linda's offer. I am sorry you were very disappointed about seeing dogs at the end of a DVD. I don't own the CL or QZ (havn't seen the DVD) but I am sure that the dogs were added at the end for just a little cute ending/entertainment. It's all in fun, and not a biggie, really. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Anyway, before you take the giant leap, check out the CL web site they have all the current gadgets there. I've been on this chat for 3 years I've heard nothing but rave reviews about CL. I hear that Michael and Kay at CL are super with their customer service and satisfaction. I've heard nothing but rave reviews about QZ, too. Good luck choosing! :)

That's what makes this decision so hard. I, too, have heard wonderful reviews of both products. Time will tell. :)

I didn't mean to come off sounding like a "B" with the dogs on the DVD. Actually, I was surprised to see a few minutes of the dogs (cute as they were) playing before the DVD went on about the Circle Lord. Those 3 or 4 minutes could have been used more constuctively to demonstate the CL. Just MY opinion. No offense to anyone or to any dogs out there............:(

Linda, have you thought about coming to MQS in Kansas City in May? I think both companies will be there. I am also trying to decide which one to buy. Mary Beth swears by her CL and demo'd it in Nebraska at the Midwest Quilters Gadget Day at Julie's house. It is very easy to use. I would like to put my hands on the QZ to see how it compares. Anyway, just a thought.

I wish I could come to MQS in Kansas City, but I just can't get away this year.

I think I've pretty much made up my mind to go with the

Econozoid and then if I decide to update later, I can. I don't do this for a business like a lot of the gals/guys do, but I do some quilting for others now and then. I may branch out doing more if I can do more unique quilting designs. I would just like to have some designs I can do to make my own quilts special. I am BORED with stippling and meandering. :) I'm ready to break out and try something different, but I don't freehand very well. :(

Originally posted by VIVIANMABLE

..... I am BORED with stippling and meandering. :) I'm ready to break out and try something different, but I don't freehand very well. :(

Keep on PPP on paper and on muslin sandwich and before you know it your doodling will pay off. :) Lots of great instructional DVDs and books we can recommend if you are interested. OK? They sure helped me with my learning curve and gave me confidence.

Hey Sigourney Linda and Oskaloosa Linda -- Bondurant Mary here! I'm near Des Moines, just a few miles east of Ankeny and north of Altoona. Linda, if you decide to make the trip to check out the QZ, let me know. I just gave notice at my "day" job, so am more open to schedule a road trip. In fact, if it's too far for a one day turnaround for you, you're more than welcome to stay at my house. We just recently finished my basement sewing room, so I was finally able to set up my Freedom and begin practicing again. Thinking about quilting for a business, but like you, I need some more designs to offer.

Virginia, I'm going to MQS, but didn't see QZ on the vendor list. Does anyone know for sure if they will be there?

Mary

marylynneburns@yahoo.com

Archived