Yet another Victory Quilt

This one was pieced perfectly and my customer is putting it in our local show. She's actually going to pin my business card on...good thing for someone who is trying to expand their business. She did this quilt in colors to match her living room--I was grateful. I'm really tired of the red/white & blue ones. Here are a few pictures...one at a time, sorry.

post--13461903882079_thumb.jpg

Dorothy,

Great work!!!! Way to go girl!

Now I get to puff out my chest and say "I knew her when feathers made her break out in a cold sweat and run in abject fear".

It will be great advertising to have your card on that beautifully quilted sampler, you will have to beat them away with a stick.

Take care,

Lisa:)

Good job, Dory! it's got to bwe mind sapping to do so many of these, but you are still doming up with really good ideas for them. I love the swags in the borders. It's almost a signature style for Victory Quilts, like keeping the traditions of these quilts in mind through the generations even though the fabrics designs change somewhat as time goes by. Like it's gotta have swag borders or it's just not a Victory Quilt. Recalls the buntings on porches and parades, adn the 4th of July. Love them!

Archived