Is your quilt in Paducah?

The stats are amazing--387 pieces are showcased at the 26th Annual AQS Show and Contest. These were selected from hundreds of entries. AQS president Meredith Shroeder says, "Just being selected to exhibit your quilt in this prestigious show is an honor. To place in one of the fifteen categories is the ultimate goal of quilters the world over."

I want to capture all of the creative APQS owners that are hung in this show. I have my camera and will take pictures of all the participants. The photographed quilts will be showcased in the APQS.com Gallery over the next few weeks and months. Reply to this thread and let me know if your quilt is here.

I have two customer quilts in Paducah. I'm assuming both of them are in an embroidered type category. My customer, Charlotte Wright is does amazing embroidery on Her quilts and it's a real priviledge to quilt them. One is teal with a Peacock theme and the other, if I remember right is black & red with tons of heavily embroidered roses on it. Both of these quilts are also on my facebooks in the quilt picture albums.

Yeah Doodlebug! Congrats.

I just found out that both the quilts that my customer entered won Honorable Mentions, Yeah Charlotte! Yeah Me! I would love to see them hanging there in person. If Heidi gets a picture I'll be thrilled. My customer/friend Charlotte is driving there tonight so that She can see them in person. Super exciting.

Doodlebug,

Way to go! It was fun to hear at the awards show that your collaborator commented she didn't realize until the entire quilt was done that she had done all the mistletoe berries in the wrong color!

Jessica,

I haven't had a chance to get to all the quilts but it's Heidi's mission to get a photo of all the APQS winners:).

Marilyn Badger and Claudia Myers made several trips up the stairs to accept awards last night, so much so that EmCee Libby Lehman quipped that they should have their own "green room" backstage to reduce the number of times they's have to climb the steps:). Marilyn and Claudia won first place in Small Wall Longarm, Third Place in Large Wall Longarm, and collected their award for their winning quilt in the "Sunflowers...new quilts from an old favorite" contest.

I was honored to present the judges choice awards on behalf of APQS as sponsors of that category, and even got to walk across the stage myself to collect a first-place award in Large Longarm Wall for Garden Frost, on which I collaborated with Pat Johnson of Des Moines.

It's been a great show so far...it's hard to imagine that there are any quilters still left at home after seeing the throngs of people in Paducah! If you're coming to the show, be sure to say "Hi" at the booth...we're in the main Convention Center down the right-hand aisle:)

Archived