Heart of Roses, today's progress

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

Oh this is so pretty!!!!!!!!! :) Penny are you using a stencil for your feathered hearts and other designs?

The borders are a stencil, the tiny cross hatching I drew on as I went and I used my Omni Grid ruler to keep them straight. The large cross hatching I used the the cross hatch tools that came with the machine. I also drew guide lines on for them as well. I also measured out a grid around the quilt center to help keep the diagonal lines on the right diagonal. Hope that makes sense.

Originally posted by quiltlover03

Wow Penny, love it. I am impressed with the cross hatching....something I am still scared of. You do beautiful work.

Monika,

The next time you put on a practice piece you really do need to try cross hatching. It has been fun to do and goes, I don't want to say quick, but you can cover a large ares in a short amount of time. Having the right tools really help,

Good luck and let me know when you try it.

Originally posted by Neher-in-law5

this is one beautiful quilt. I think you need to make arrangements to have it entered in some shows.

Madlyen your very kind, but I'm not sure if it is good enough for a show. There are some mistakes when you see it up close.

However, I do have the Heart of Roses pattern book. I just

might make my own, and now that I have quilted one, the mistakes would be less and enter that top.

Archived