Wow factor walls

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow!! That should go down in history as famous as a Picasso painting. I'm sure you've told details before but being new, I don't know. What inspired you to do this and where will this be? inside or out? I am truly amazed! Thanks for sharing.

Carreen

Now, Linzi, perhaps I am behind the power curve here but..... Is this going to be used for anything other than to ooooh and aaaaaawe over? I was thinking that if the panels faced the inside of the yurt at some point and was water proofed - what a fun spot to be. I know you want to take it on the road and boy, I'd love to see it!!!! the panels are just beautiful!

Just amazing.

Our guild just had Maggie Ball do an outstanding presentation. Besides being master quilter, teacher and author....she also travels to Mongolia to teach impoverished women the skill of quilting to help them earn a living. There is a Mongolian symbol called an "Olzii"(there is an umlaut over the "O"). It represents prosperity and longevity. She uses this pattern in her quilts and items she sells for the Mongolian women. She showed us pictures of the Mongolian yurts and quite often they have the symbol on their yurts. Linzi, for some reason it made me think of you and your project. Maggie has links to pictures at dragonflyquilts.com. I thought you might find this pattern interesting. If you ever get a chance to hear one of her presentation it will be well worth your time!! GREAT JOB LINZI

Guest Linda S

That has got to be the most amazing yurt in existence. It really is beautiful, Linzi. It must feel magical to be inside it.

Archived