Victory quilt finally done

Quilting Heidi

My guild made this quilt that will be raffled off to make money for a shelter for homeless woman veterans. The guild won't be doing the raffle instead we'll donate the quilt for them to raffle. The blocks were done by guild members and 4 of the gals put the quilt together and I quilted it. It is a very busy quilt and I probably should have just done an all-over but I felt like these veterans deserved my best effort. I did just a meander in all the star prints because nothing really showed. I used silver metallic thread so that I could add a little dimension. The blocks that had plain fabric showed nicely. I decided that the sashing needed something very simple so I just did 3 wavey lines using a ruler that one of my engineers at work did for me. It worked great but it was a little time consuming. I decided that my theme would be stars so all the blocks have stars made with my Quiltazoid. There were 30 blocks!!!! I called it the never ending quilt. The swag board works wonderfully and went really quickly. I used the wavy board in the middle border. The borders had a lovely wave to them all on their own. I ended up having to pleat which I hate to do. All in all I'm happy with the way it came out but still wish I had had more plain fabric to really play up. Oh well. I hope it makes a lot of money for them.

overall picture

2368328010104527059S425x425Q85.jpg

swag border with star rosette & wavy board in middle border:

2231424250104527059S425x425Q85.jpg

some of the blocks:

2492416930104527059S425x425Q85.jpg

2880018290104527059S425x425Q85.jpg

2802912770104527059S425x425Q85.jpg

2592332060104527059S425x425Q85.jpg

More blocks are on my webshots if you're interested.

Originally posted by sandradarlington

An eye catcher, as always, Heidi. I was drawn to the last block witht he small star in the center of the red blocks and then the wavy lines out to the ditch. It reminds me of my CL Sunburst template I have.

I hope it brings a lot of money to help our homeless women veterans.

Sandra that is one of my favorite blocks. I freehanded the wavy lines and it really made the block I think. I was really running out of ideas. I kept wishing the whole time that they had used a solid navy or white for the setting triangles. It would have been so much prettier and less busy.

Originally posted by hmerrill

Originally posted by sandradarlington

An eye catcher, as always, Heidi. I was drawn to the last block witht he small star in the center of the red blocks and then the wavy lines out to the ditch. It reminds me of my CL Sunburst template I have.

I hope it brings a lot of money to help our homeless women veterans.

Sandra that is one of my favorite blocks. I freehanded the wavy lines and it really made the block I think. I was really running out of ideas. I kept wishing the whole time that they had used a solid navy or white for the setting triangles. It would have been so much prettier and less busy.

i really liked that block as well. of course the whole thing is fabulous, but i especially liked the wavy lines. reaaly nice heidi!

and i see the swag qz template :) i hope to be trying that out early next week...if i can ever get on with the quilting and quit the ripping! oy!

Very well done, Heidi! I hope it brings lots of $$ for them. I just picked up my swag template from Adam and Linda last night at MQS, and might I say, your quilts were AWESOME!!!! I just stood there and drooled! I also overheard a few other ladies looking at them also WOWED!

Heidi,

I checked out the other photos on webshots. You are really amazing. I couldn't believe all the different designs you used. So many ideas!!! You put so much love into this quilt and it's for a wonderful cause. I hope they make a ton of money on it.

Heidi, you used your magic and filled every square/block/sashing and borders of this quilt with beautiful stitching! Congratulations on another job well done! Thanks for sharing! I rec'd my Quiltazoid CD yesterday and have watched it twice...it is amazing.

Archived